• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Which ABS Sensor is it? Which Scanner to use?

FrankT99

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfax, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello,
I have a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac and the ABS light is on ( I don't notice any problem during driving).
What is a cheap (cheapest) scanner to find out if and which ABS sensor is bad? The standard OBT2 scanner doesn't help.
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

01STrunner

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Greer, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 SAS'd Sport Trac
I have a cheaper Actron OBD2 reader that also read ABS codes. It's a function that should be listed if it is capable of doing so.

donalds

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer sohc
Forscan and a elm327
Best one for our trucks imo

TTSaleen

Reaction score
City, State