2007 Sport Trac Sunroof won't move | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Sport Trac Sunroof won't move

Ronq

Reaction score
City, State
Georgetown, ON, CAN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Expl Sport Trac Ltd
This is a repost from new members post (wrong spot I believe).

Pulled down overhead console and disconnected switch, Does not appear to be power at switch connector. Fuse is good according to manual, fuse position 1. Power pedals work and Sunroof won't, manual says both on same fuse. Without power to the switch connector there is not a whole lot further I can go. I have read switches can be a problem with the Explorers (more so than most vehicles). Any help or even a path to follow would be greatly appreciated.

Its been a few years ago but I did have both interior A-pillar moldings off and recall seeing the harness that feeds the moonroof and dome lights. I'm not 100% certain if it was drivers or passenger side. I do recall seeing a connector in there. Hope this is a start.

Not sure if you figured out the problem yet, but for me with the same symptoms it ended up being the circuit board inside of the power motor. I assume condensation got inside and shorted out a resistor. Very easy to see if you pull the motor and pop off the cover. I had no power to switch and traced wires for hours trying to figure this one out. Good luck and I hope this saves someone some time.

Back