2007 sports trac Instrument cluster lights out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 sports trac Instrument cluster lights out

tonyjb

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 sports trac
:salute:This is tonyjb.. 2007 2wd sports trac Instrument cluster lights out to include digital odometer,. Any hints ? Did check all fuses ( and replaced) denoting the instrument cluster ( 2). All other lights in the interior work. Just happened.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Panel dimmer control?

Use to adjust the brightness of the instrument panel when exterior lights are on.

Rotate the thumbwheel from left to right to brighten the instrument panel.
• Rotate the thumbwheel from right to left to dim the instrument panel.
• Rotate fully to the right (past detent) to turn on interior lamps.
• Rotate to the left position (past detent) to turn off the interior lamps and will also disable the illuminated entry feature.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/07p27og4e.pdf (Page 79)

Thanks, I checked the dimmer switch before I started checking fuses. What is out is the Instrument cluster ( with Speedometer, Tachometer, digital odometer portion). All other interior lights work as expected.

Thanks, I checked the dimmer switch before I started checking fuses. What is out is the Instrument cluster ( with Speedometer, Tachometer, digital odometer portion). All other interior lights work as expected.

I remember on my first Explorer when I thought my dash lights had gone out, then realized it was that damn dimmer switch. I'd never felt more internally embarrassed. Good thing I didn't ask a mechanic lol.

I recently had a similar issue only it appeared that just the light behind the fuel gauge went out. Everything else was bright. After a few starts and stops, the light returned. I don't know if it is a short in the line causing the issue, or a sign of an instrument light about to die. In any case, how difficult is it to change the instrument cluster lights?

Thanks all the cluster was actually out. The only local guy that I found that could repair them did not have the parts for the Sports Trac. I had to replace.

Back