2017 ordering | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 ordering

Checked the ford chat....... This is what I got.....

Mike says:
Congrats on your order, Don. I'm happy to look up your order. Thank you for the VIN, it'll be a moment as I check this.
Don says:
Thanks
Mike says:
I appreciate your patience, Don. I see that your order is awaiting shipment and the ETA is August 4, 2016.

Same thing I got last week after the car was built..... It's sitting in a train yard with buzzards roosting on it at night on the roof..... If it left tonight it wouldn't get to my dealers by Thursday August 4th...... It was sitting there watching Sudbury78's get loaded on the Alaska non stop....... I need a drink......

HAHA!!! Mike is the one i chat with daily as well. It's like Xmas.. I want the polar express to drop off my X

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

At long last, I got the call and my dealer whispered those three little words everyone longs to hear..."It has arrived." Picking up that Smoked Quartz beauty tomorrow morning at 11.

At long last, I got the call and my dealer whispered those three little words everyone longs to hear..."It has arrived." Picking up that Smoked Quartz beauty tomorrow morning at 11.

Well good for you...... Congratulations....... One more empty seat at the bar....... And here I sit... Another Tequilla bartender..... And some more of those gold fishy things..... These have been sitting here so long they are stale...... I really need a shower.........

Similar experience as above. Ordered on April 14th. Was told "putting the highest priority on this one." Yeah, sure you are. Got VIN June 8th. Got window sticker July 22nd, which states a build date of July 27th. ETIS populated the build date yesterday and shows July 30th. Today it's fully populated with the list of build features. Doesn't show up in COTUS. When I got my sticker, dealer said it was scheduled to arrive August 11th. Yesterday he told me week of August 10th. It's coming, but who knows when.

Similar experience as above. Ordered on April 14th. Was told "putting the highest priority on this one." Yeah, sure you are. Got VIN June 8th. Got window sticker July 22nd, which states a build date of July 27th. ETIS populated the build date yesterday and shows July 30th. Today it's fully populated with the list of build features. Doesn't show up in COTUS. When I got my sticker, dealer said it was scheduled to arrive August 11th. Yesterday he told me week of August 10th. It's coming, but who knows when.

Rule 1.... Dealer can not set priority ...... They all try for priority 10 because that's the highest priority they can set which is the normal priority. Any higher priority has to be set by Ford.

Rule 2... Once it leaves the factory Ford has no control on the delivery date..... It's up to the rail and the trucking company. Although they give ford an estimate.......

Rule 3..... Don't listen to the advice of Sudbury 73.... He's been sitting here drinking at this bar so long that no body can understand him anymore.... And he will be sitting here long after we have left to pick up our Explorers..... So sit down order up and wait..... Don't worry about the tab.... Sudbury is last out the door so he gets to pay........ Bartender over here....

hahahaha!!! Since I am the sucker who needs to wait for my explorer to tour through Alaska before arriving here in the Desert. Drinks on me boys and girls.

I just looked at ETIS but first in the list is Ebony interior. No No No young grasshopper. It should be the medium soft. Shots please.

Bartender.... Bring the bottle........ Checked and my ford is still sitting and hasn't shipped...... But they say it will be here on Thursday the fourth...... I'm not happy

I was planning to order. The day I was going to tell the dealership to order I found 3 just like I wanted on dealership lots within 60 miles. I ended up going to my usual dealer and they dealer traded for one. Picking it up today.

I was planning to order. The day I was going to tell the dealership to order I found 3 just like I wanted on dealership lots within 60 miles. I ended up going to my usual dealer and they dealer traded for one. Picking it up today.

Please show us pics!! Congrats

I have officially left the bar. The terrible weather let up just enough to get the pic in.

10rk521.jpg

I have officially left the bar. The terrible weather let up just enough to get the pic in.

10rk521.jpg

Woo I like it.... Congratulations..... My dealer called and said imine should be here Today or tomorrow..... Ford said its in transit also..... I'm going to send a snow scrapper to sudsbury78.... He's hoing to need it lol

You seem drunk with that message you just typed!! Congrats Joe!

You seem drunk with that message you just typed!! Congrats Joe!

I was at my Ford dealer, on my phone, and no glasses lol..... But as much as I have drank at this bar I should be..... Bartender how about a double.... And what do you know about that blonde over by the jukebox.......

Ugh, unless they just give an over-approximation, Ford chat just gave me a date of August 14 for delivery.

Ugh, unless they just give an over-approximation, Ford chat just gave me a date of August 14 for delivery.

Look at it this way.... You will probably beat Sudsbury 78.........,.

hahahaha!!! Since I am the sucker who needs to wait for my explorer to tour through Alaska before arriving here in the Desert. Drinks on me boys and girls.

I just looked at ETIS but first in the list is Ebony interior. No No No young grasshopper. It should be the medium soft. Shots please.
I thought the same thing when I saw that in my ETIS list. Then I punched in the VIN from a couple EX sitting on the lot that had ceramic interior. They all say Ebony interior. WTF?

Mine says Ebony too...... Wait that's what I ordered....... Been so long ago I forgot.........

Look at it this way.... You will probably beat Sudsbury 78.........,.

Sounds like yours was built 7/27, you expected it 8/5, and it came early? What does ETIS list for a build date? My window sticker shows 7/27, ETIS shows 7/30. I'm hoping it could randomly show up early.

Sounds like yours was built 7/27, you expected it 8/5, and it came early? What does ETIS list for a build date? My window sticker shows 7/27, ETIS shows 7/30. I'm hoping it could randomly show up early.

Was supposed to be built 7/25..... Was built on 7/27 left Chicago this afternoon with an eta 8/4..... Dealer seems to think it will be here 8/3..... I think 8/4.... I live about 350 miles from the plant..... The dealer thinks it's not coming by rail but truck since it's not showing a rail yard ramp..... If that's the case it may be here on 8/3.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My dealer just called me to say that my X has been invoiced and will be delivered in southern Florida....at months end.....from what he can see. Hopefully he is wrong about that.

He also noted that he thinks current rebates will improve shortly.
Who knows..

Back