3rd gen pic's | Page 249 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Few updated pics -

I sold my 2002 XLT a few months ago.
Just last week, the new owner let a "friend" drive the X in during a snow/ice event we had. The driver lost control and hit a transformer pole with the passenger side door.
Driver was unhurt.
X caught on fire and burned to the ground.

BEFORE -

Explorer12-1-2013_zps2351431f.jpg

AFTER -

IMG_4620_zpsbac64bff.jpg

IMG_0555_zps1fd8356c.jpg

IMG_8092_zps4ed57cf0.jpg

And here's my 2004 X behind the carcass of the 2002 XLT.

IMG_4653_zps3cc987f3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First thing I looked for is to see if you swapped the rims before - thank god.

First thing I looked for is to see if you swapped the rims before - thank god.

LOL! Yes when I sold it, the buyer didn't have enough money to get the wheels, so I put the stockers back on it!
I knew I was going to use the wheels on my newly purchased 04 X! :)

I did the tail light swap. I have leds in the tails. Red and amber. I have a video of just the amber

REar 1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

those look awesome...i read a littl eabout them, they fit in the factory location and have 2 modes/colors right? my main concern with hideaway strobes is their location in the light reallyplays a big role in how visible they are in regards to the reflective cone..but these seem they solve that problem

I will get some newer pics once the weather is better.

Attachments

• Explorer 2.JPG
    Explorer 2.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 1,951

Hows everyone doing in this nasty cold?
I getting real tired of cold starts
6eaa7718-b735-461e-a657-db4cf8f68c05_zps0f052eeb.jpg

Cold isn't too bad for me and makes me appreciate my heated seats!!! I had a remote start installed on the wifes car before winter hit and it's awesome! If I keep the Exploder, I will have one installed as well.

IMAG08121_zpsdc10fff9.jpg

IMAG08131_zpsd3f7ffc5.jpg

those look awesome...i read a littl eabout them, they fit in the factory location and have 2 modes/colors right? my main concern with hideaway strobes is their location in the light reallyplays a big role in how visible they are in regards to the reflective cone..but these seem they solve that problem

The Feniex Cannons are actually leds and not strobes. These are very bright and effective. I think they are the best/brightest HAW leds out there. (not just because I sell them lol)

The amber are single color. If you go with a dual color it cuts the output of each color is half. I just sold a split set of clear/amber to a guy and the output is still pretty good. He has the clear as reverse lights. And there are 2 mode wires.

This video you can get an idea of the red and amber. My phone doesn't film leds well at night. I will try to get a video during the day

The Feniex Cannons are actually leds and not strobes. These are very bright and effective. I think they are the best/brightest HAW leds out there. (not just because I sell them lol)

The amber are single color. If you go with a dual color it cuts the output of each color is half. I just sold a split set of clear/amber to a guy and the output is still pretty good. He has the clear as reverse lights. And there are 2 mode wires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWw3by6AVfI

This video you can get an idea of the red and amber. My phone doesn't film leds well at night. I will try to get a video during the day

can you provide me with your website/more info? i'd like to get atleast 1 pair for the rear..possibly 2...maybe even 3 if they come in the front turn signal size :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6000k 55 watt HIDs for lows
Amber CREE LEDs for fogs

I will be replacing the fogs with 6000k 55 watt HIDs and will be ordering blacked out headlights along with dual color switchback LED turn signals.

Here is my updated pic:

71043664-8EB2-4A87-90F4-92E6153E0809_zpsyaoqf4rv.jpg

Sitting on OEM Edge Sport 22" wheels

Here is my updated pic:

71043664-8EB2-4A87-90F4-92E6153E0809_zpsyaoqf4rv.jpg

Sitting on OEM Edge Sport 22" wheels

Looks fantastic Jarvis!
What did you use for lowering and how is the ride?
Also - Did you have the hubs machined on the Edge wheels to fit your Explorer?

Ryan

Looks fantastic Jarvis!
What did you use for lowering and how is the ride?
Also - Did you have the hubs machined on the Edge wheels to fit your Explorer?

Ryan

Ryan,

I got ground force springs on the Explorer and no the hubs did not have to be machined. They come in same bolt pattern. Ride is fine, I can feel the road a little more which is expected with lower profile tires.

Cheers

-Jarvis

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heres my wife's that i'll slowly will be building so far sct flash
05Explorer.jpg

Back