Aerostar clutch pedal and bracket. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aerostar clutch pedal and bracket.

92exp4x4

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Covington, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XL 2-door and others
So I'm seriously considering converting my red van to standard shift. It's a 4.0L 2wd, so should be fairly straightforward swap. I've done this swap in an explorer already, and I have nearly everything I need except for a pedal assembly and bracket. If anyone knows the whereabouts of one, please respond here. I'm gonna start looking soon with some of the local NOS Ford parts suppliers. Maybe they can get me some part numbers..

Perhaps someone knows of one in a boneyard or has some parts laying around. There is definitely nothing near me.

Thanks all in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i can't even find 1991 down aerostars in junkyards not less a five speed.

That's my plight as well. They are all gone. Steel prices rose a couple years ago and everything has been scrapped out. I'm just going to have to get some part numbers and see if any of the NOS parts houses have anything. If I find anything out, I'll post it here.

i thought 1991 was the last year for the five speed but wikipedia says 1995.there are three areos at the local pull a part but they don't say what kind of trans.

What year is the van? 86-91 pedals are different than 92 up. The ranger M5od is an easy swap. Lincoln Mark VIII driveshaft is the perfect length for this swap. The ranger clutch master cylinder fits the aerostar. The clutch line needs to be made with AN style fittings on the ends. Summit racing sells the old style end for the master cylinder. The 05 up mustang T5 slave cylinder with AN fitting for a T5 works on the trans side. On my 91, I had to use the automatic transmission harness and slice the wires for the backup lights, etc.

Back