• Register Today It's free!

air feels restricted from vents

luvmyfamily2002

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Explorer XLT
I have a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT and when the a/c is turned on and the fan speed is set to high it feels like the air is being restricted from coming out of the vents. You can hear the fan motor running at full speed. and the air is coming out cold just at a reduced rate.

Your Air Recirc door is stuck or fallen ... more likely fallen .. its located behind the glove box ... u have to taket the dash out to get to it ....

just did mine ... took me about 2hrs

I took out the blower fan and looked up and found the broken door laying down, I pushed it back up and put the blower back in, the air pressure comming out of the vents in much better, but I know I will need to fix this problem again.

this is what i did....

take the door out of the assembly "its a tight squeeze" then drill a hole in the end where the nub is with a 1/8" bit about 1/2" deep then put the door back in and when u slide the nub into place and put the arm back on take a 1" button head screw and screw it in the hole ... ur door will never come off again .. unless u want it to and take the screw out

Back