1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

air feels restricted from vents

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by luvmyfamily2002, July 5, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. luvmyfamily2002

luvmyfamily2002 New Member

City, State:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    05 Explorer XLT
    I have a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT and when the a/c is turned on and the fan speed is set to high it feels like the air is being restricted from coming out of the vents. You can hear the fan motor running at full speed. and the air is coming out cold just at a reduced rate.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. mobeious

mobeious Member

City, State:
    florida
    2004 Explorer XLT V8
    Your Air Recirc door is stuck or fallen ... more likely fallen .. its located behind the glove box ... u have to taket the dash out to get to it ....

just did mine ... took me about 2hrs

4. vipersinu2

vipersinu2 Active Member

City, State:
    The Big City of Orange City, Florida
    97-03 4.0 exp 07 mount v8
    I took out the blower fan and looked up and found the broken door laying down, I pushed it back up and put the blower back in, the air pressure comming out of the vents in much better, but I know I will need to fix this problem again.

5. mobeious

mobeious Member

City, State:
    florida
    2004 Explorer XLT V8
    this is what i did....

take the door out of the assembly "its a tight squeeze" then drill a hole in the end where the nub is with a 1/8" bit about 1/2" deep then put the door back in and when u slide the nub into place and put the arm back on take a 1" button head screw and screw it in the hole ... ur door will never come off again .. unless u want it to and take the screw out

We Support Our Troops!