Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Air only comes out of the defrost vents.

Discussion in 'A/C & Heater systems - HVAC' started by lardad, August 4, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. lardad

lardad New Member

City, State:
      Brewster Ohio
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2001 explorer sport
      You folks were recommended to me by several explorer owners I know. I was told this is the place to go for answers when you need them. So here I am. I"m trying to figure out why I'm only getting air ( hot or cold) out of my defrost vents. I was told my problem is probably a heater blend door...or a heater blend door valve. I'm a bit of a shade tree mechanic, but i'd like to get as much info as I can before I spend to much time upside down under my dash. Anyone had this problem before?...or at least heard of it? Thanks yopu all again for any and all imput.

Larry K.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    4. William McKenna

William McKenna New Member

Hey, I just fixed my 05 explorer with the same problem. If you still need help I have pics and what I did to fix it.

5. penske2584

penske2584 Member

City, State:
      North Central US
      1996 Explorer AWD 5.0V8
    6. William McKenna

William McKenna New Member

Penske2584, I looked for the vent acuator motor, found it and thought the motor was bas, then I noticed a white wire harness with 2 wires attached, I felt behind the the vent seelector dial and found 2 wires attached to a wire harness. Both sets of wires same color, plugged the wires together and the vent selection dial works. Somehow it became unplugged, and am told this happens often.