Air only comes out of the defrost vents. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Air only comes out of the defrost vents.

lardad

Reaction score
City, State
Brewster Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport
You folks were recommended to me by several explorer owners I know. I was told this is the place to go for answers when you need them. So here I am. I"m trying to figure out why I'm only getting air ( hot or cold) out of my defrost vents. I was told my problem is probably a heater blend door...or a heater blend door valve. I'm a bit of a shade tree mechanic, but i'd like to get as much info as I can before I spend to much time upside down under my dash. Anyone had this problem before?...or at least heard of it? Thanks yopu all again for any and all imput.

Larry K.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, I just fixed my 05 explorer with the same problem. If you still need help I have pics and what I did to fix it.

Penske2584, I looked for the vent acuator motor, found it and thought the motor was bas, then I noticed a white wire harness with 2 wires attached, I felt behind the the vent seelector dial and found 2 wires attached to a wire harness. Both sets of wires same color, plugged the wires together and the vent selection dial works. Somehow it became unplugged, and am told this happens often.

Back