• Register Today It's free!

Amp Bypass...yet again

ddcrawford

Reaction score
City, State
Ft Worth, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
I went to Car Toys last night to exchange the Amp Bypass harness I bought that did not fit. When I told the guy that I had one small square connector and one larger rectangular connector he looked at me like I was crazy. He told me to pull it into their install area so he could look. He said he had never seen that configuration and that as far as he knows there is no pre-made harness that will fit. I had one of the first 96 XLT's ever made, I got it in July of 95. I guess I have a 95-1/2 model :confused:

One of the connectors on the bypass harness will connect to the factory wiring (the input side of the amp), so I need the output side (speaker) color code so that I can splice the harness in to make this work. I have tried a search on here and only came up with bits and pieces. Does anybody have the color code for all four speakers in the 95-96 year model range?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

save yourself time and money and order the connector from crutchfield. I think it was like $13. You can order it from them on their website, or call them up. They will know exactly what you are talking about

Originally posted by beavis195
save yourself time and money and order the connector from crutchfield. I think it was like $13. You can order it from them on their website, or call them up. They will know exactly what you are talking about

Where is the built in amp?

I have installed a Alpine with Boston Acustic Speakers and now have too much power. I blow myself out at 3 on the head unit volume control. I would like to bypass the built in amp but have not found where it is or how to get to it.

Can you help?

Its in kinda behind the seatbelt on the front passenger's side if i'm not mistaken. GIG 'EM

built in amp is underneath the passenger side panel in the cargo area

Back