Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Anybody like this one?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by jremington59, July 21, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Explorer Addict

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    07 Camry
    [​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. jremington59

jremington59 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Watertown, NY
    1997, 99 and 2000 5.0's
    I have a friend that lives there that I can get to go take it for a ride. It was traded into a dealer in Jersey in late June for a new rig and the previous owner owned it 5 more years after it got hit on the left side. They renewed the registration every year for the nest 5 years so I guess it couldn't have been that bad. I been searching hard for months for a nice clean 5.0 but there scarce around my area.

4. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Explorer Addict

07 Camry
    Sounds to me like no matter what opinions are, you're buying this one... Best of luck! (really) :)

5. jremington59

jremington59 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Watertown, NY
    1997, 99 and 2000 5.0's
    No, I've been dickering with the guy for over a week now. What scares me is he hasn't told me to "piss off", lol. I've made him an offer that will make me happy. He can either take it or not. And I have a feeling he's not going to. He's relisted it on ebay and he's bidding it up again, like he did last time. And when the auction ends I'll call him and he'll say the "buyer backed out", just like last time and sooner or later he'll realize it isn't worth what he thinks.

I'll just keep driving myself nuts looking. It's just the rusty rockers and undercarriage on the 2000 limited I bought is driving me nuts.

6. pbnj22

pbnj22 Active Member

City, State:
    duluth minnesnowta
    00 xlt 5. v8 awd
    sounds like if he re listed it he has no other people interested.. and since you are he should be willing to negotiate..

7. koda2000

koda2000 Explorer Addict

x
    the asking price is low for a dealer, unless he knows there's something seriously wrong with it. if the OP is really gonna buy it without seeing it in person, i think he's making a mistake.

8. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Explorer Addict

07 Camry
    @jrem-

If you really do want a clean rust free Ex, for real- hook up with an EF member down south and find something original. There is just something about that truck that isn't right. Don't get snared in just because it's sort of close. Something. just. isn't. right...

Sixth sense, man...

9. FIND

FIND Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Vermillion, SD
    99 XLT V8 AWD
    Obvious HUGE crack in the bumper from top to bottom, front bumper sitting too low on the passenger side, hood sticking out further than the grill on the passenger side...

Needs an inspection to see if whatever damage was done was repaired correctly, and that these are just minor mis-alignments, but seeing that the bumper is put together with silicone, I would doubt it.

They'll get what they want for the truck. Someone will end up disappointed and realize why they sell vehicles like this online instead of in their lot.

It's too bad. Otherwise, it is a really nice looking truck. I'd kind of like a loaded blue with tan 5.0 Explorer.

10. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Explorer Addict

07 Camry
    I didn't notice the front lip of the hood before. That along with the gap on the front bumper and the paint- yeah, no.