BT93's sloped BL thread | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BT93's sloped BL thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alright, change of plans! I found a deal on e-bay for Fabtech 3.5" superflex rear lift springs for a gen 1 2wd. Will these work? Every bone in my body was telling me they will! So I bought them. Hope it all works out.

2nd post

LOOKY!

009-1.jpg

008-3.jpg

So Evan came over and didn't even help you?:nono:

He had to work and I just couldn't wait to start tearin that thing apart. I got a head start and damn near finished about 5 hrs earlier than I had ever dreamed. Everyone makes BL's sound like a big deal. It wasn't that bad at all. But I had a vast supply of tools. If it wasn't for that it'd been a daunting task.

He had to work and I just couldn't wait to start tearin that thing apart. I got a head start and damn near finished about 5 hrs earlier than I had ever dreamed. Everyone makes BL's sound like a big deal. It wasn't that bad at all. But I had a vast supply of tools. If it wasn't for that it'd been a daunting task.

:thumbsup:Yeah we did my brothers Dakota in an afternoon. Having the right tools and a good amount of knowledge can make things go a lot faster. I doubt it would take me long to do one since after doing my brothers and having taken my interior out before, which seems to be a big pain when putting this body lift on

:thumbsup:Yeah we did my brothers Dakota in an afternoon. Having the right tools and a good amount of knowledge can make things go a lot faster. I doubt it would take me long to do one since after doing my brothers and having taken my interior out before, which seems to be a big pain when putting this body lift on

I only had to pull the front seats. I have really enjoyed this little project so far.:thumbsup:

Sure hope it settles out some!

us020.jpg

us019.jpg

That looks good. Can you take a good picture of how much of the frame is exposed on both sides?

That looks good. Can you take a good picture of how much of the frame is exposed on both sides?
Can't see any frame really. Will do tomorrow!

sexy

Wow thanks...looks a hell of a lot better than mine in that area, I think. You do have more side molding though.

Wow thanks...looks a hell of a lot better than mine in that area, I think. You do have more side molding though.

Molding makes all the difference. Thanks bud!

looks awesome! I am thinking about doing this as well but doing the soa in the rear and keeping my sport monoleaves so it will only go up abotu 3 or 4 inches.. and this is totally to fit bigger tires and get some of the junk hanging down in the back .. out of the way of the rocks when wheeling!

do you remember the cut lengths for your body blocks? looks good by the way!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had many pm's about the cut lengths for the pucks so here they are front to rear 3" 2.5" 1.25" .75". The lift has proven very safe & effective after a full duck season of gravel & mud beating plus 14,000 miles I'm very pleased with the results.

Back