Sloped body lift + SOA successful | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sloped body lift + SOA successful

cool! glad to see another person successfully did it. I had plenty of doubters but I've now installed this on my second truck and probably put near 100K combined on it with no problems including a few off-road miles.

well mines a first gen too...i didnt see any first gens doing it yet lol! even after seeing this thread i made sure to do my research here and many other places (not doubting it cuz i love it now lol) but just to check and see if thats what i wanted! i was told no so many times and i was called crazy stupid dumb...even down right f*ckin psychotic for even having the idea! then i was like ok everything has its ups and downs so far i hear some downs...but i read like a 12 page thread of ups and how to do it lol!!!!! Now when i explain what mods i have done i always bring up the fact its my truck so dont be dissing me or my truck for my obviously working mods :D As for anyone else out there just remember this does work there is a couple examples here that prove that and you will be told not to do it by many ppl i am sure, but if you research it and it seems to fit your needs and desires....you have the one biggest power over it all....ITS YOUR TRUCK DO WHAT U WANT! (just make sure its safe for u and alos the others around you...i've seen some pretty bad ones too lol)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey jake do you have any extra body spacers that i could have or maybe buy off you

hey jake do you have any extra body spacers that i could have or maybe buy off you

im sorry but i do not... i actually bought a partial kit of a guy on here with only 7 blocks and of course i used one to practice and test how to cut it and then the other partials that weren't used wouldnt be right (due to the amount missing from my miter saw blade) i wish i could help ya bud but look around here chances are you can find someone that can help ya. i've ordered everything i recently bought of ppl on this site

tahts cool i can prob just fab some up aint no big deal just askin

here is just an all around shot of mine figured i'd get all the angles and yes i have MINOR and MINIMAL body damage lol =P and this was b4 nightly clean up hahaha and of course things like the back bumper need put back on and what not but its just pics anyway for ya lol

10-17-09_1526.jpg

10-17-09_1527.jpg

10-17-09_1528.jpg

10-17-09_1529.jpg

10-17-09_1530.jpg

10-17-09_1531.jpg

10-17-09_1532.jpg

10-17-09_1533.jpg

10-17-09_1534.jpg

did you need an extension for your drive shaft or no

did you need an extension for your drive shaft or no

No I did not i bought my spring perches from Banes4wd.com and they had 3 holes ont eh perch for the adjustable wheel base and i just used the hole fathest back which kept it so the driveshaft fit perfect!

sweet thanks alot when i get some money i plan on doing this

does this lift also work on the 2wd models 2nd gen

this picture shows how much slack the brake line has at full droop. you can't see the bracket here because it is blocked by the exhaust pipe (I have dual exhaust). There is plenty of slack, it's almost like ford made that bracket like that on purpose for this reason.

ok...so i ran into an issue with my rear brake lines.... with mine being a first gen...the conjunction box for the brake lines are on top of the differential...versus the axle tube like on the 2nd gens.... any idea's of how to fix this or a place to buy extended brake hoses???? i thought i had enough slack but nope...i tested it out again and there diff isnt enough slack? input would be greatly appreciated!

I would just go with an extended brake line then. Not sure where the best place to get one is either but i'm sure people have talked about it on here before. I have never looked too closely at a 1st gen.

hey just another question? any idea what camber bushings i'll need to help correct my alignment up front with this done? every shop here says they wont do an alignment due to it being modified and they wouldn't have the correct bushings... SO maybe i can save myself some money and half way do it myself? any ideas and input are appreciated =) thanks guys

Does anyone know if this would be legal to do in Canada?

Thanks

EDIT: And is it possible to use torsion keys instead of doing a TT or does that have the same effect on wear of certain parts?

Does anyone know if this would be legal to do in Canada?

Thanks

EDIT: And is it possible to use torsion keys instead of doing a TT or does that have the same effect on wear of certain parts?

Don't you guys have even less laws then we do about trucks? :D If they sell body lifts for trucks in Canada (which I'm almost certain they do), then there is no reason why this would be illegal. If you replaced the torsion keys you have with steeper ones then it would accomplish the exact same thing as far as your front suspension components go so their would be no point to go through all that work.

Thank you :D

Very nice X you have there by the way. I'm currently using a 4.0 SOHC as a daily driver, on the lookout for a v8 with a nice body to do this mod to.

EDIT: Just one more question. Is it the 883 or the 833 body lift kit i need for my Explorer?

Thank you :D

Very nice X you have there by the way. I'm currently using a 4.0 SOHC as a daily driver, on the lookout for a v8 with a nice body to do this mod to.

EDIT: Just one more question. Is it the 883 or the 833 body lift kit i need for my Explorer?

I'm pretty sure the 883 rings a bell, but it's been a while. Its the one for a Ranger of the same years explorer. Just google or search around here to confirm. It's made by performance accessories.

bump

anyone care to post more pic :):

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What size tires can you clear with with the soa + slopped BL and shackles + tt???

Back