Can't select "Line In", only "User Device" but no SYNC | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can't select "Line In", only "User Device" but no SYNC

crairdin

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer XLT
Just bought a 2009 Explorer XLT. The salesman pointed out the auxiliary stereo input in the center armrest storage bin. I connect my iPhone via the headset jack but when I go to the Media screen I can choose CD/DVD, Jukebox, or User Device. There's no option to choose Line In as is described in the manual.

Note that I do NOT have the SYNC option. I have no phone buttons on the steering wheel and the Phone button on the screen bezel does nothing (consistent with not owning the SYNC option).

As I understand it, I should see "Line In" if I don't own SYNC, and I should see "User Device" if I do own SYNC. (Or maybe I'll see both in the latter case.) How do I convince the entertainment system that I do not have SYNC so it will enable the Line In jack?

Hah! Stumped you all. :)

Dealer had to pull the nav unit and send it to United Radio to be reprogrammed. The original owner had a standard radio with no SYNC. He wanted navigation, but not SYNC. When they added the navigation unit, it was not programmed correctly for his configuration. He never used Line In, so he never noticed it didn't work.

They're sending it overnight both ways; should have it back tomorrow or the next day.

Back