1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Change Engine Oil Soon message - how to clear

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by digifoss, April 9, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. digifoss

digifoss Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Grants, NM
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    07 Explorer XLT
    I changed the engine oil recently and a few days later the info center screen started showing the change engine oil soon message. When the message shows up, I hold the reset button in a while and when I release it the message clears, only to return the next time I start the engine. How do I clear this message and is the number of miles away for it to return definable ?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Rcflyer330

Rcflyer330 Active Member

City, State:
    Michigan
    2010 Ford Explorer XLT V6
    Yes the percentage is adjustable. Hold the reset button for aproxamately 2 seconds to get the percentage to go down and a quick tap of the reset button to save the oci setting. It's also written out in your manual.

Edit
    The oci reset is in the system setting. What instrument cluster do you have? Is it the one with three buttons by the traction control button or the single reset button in the cluster?

4. dacaur2

dacaur2 Active Member

City, State:
    eagle mountain
    2010 explorer XLT
    MY guess based on it being an xlt V6 like mine, is that it doesnt have the buttons by the radio. If that is the case, just press the little button in the dashboard by the odometer till it says hold reset, then hold it in, and you will get to a little menu that lets you do things like adjust when the doors lock/unlock, and a few other things, including reseting oil life and adjusting the number of miles for oil change reminder. (you can also use this menu to see about how long till the next oil change)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. digifoss

digifoss Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Grants, NM
    07 Explorer XLT
    Ok, thanks for the input guys. I found it on page 109 / 110 of the manual also, thanks.