Changed tranny filter now o/d light flashes | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Changed tranny filter now o/d light flashes

I'm new to this so forgive me if this isn't proper forum edict. I have a 97 explorer ohv with 150000 in it. I want to change the filter or fluid but I'm scared to cause any problems with it. It's the four speed auto trans. The fluid doesn't look too bad, but it is a lil brown. I have no idea if it's ever been changed. Any advice would be great. Thanks
Personally I wish I had left well enough alone. However, I don't know for sure what to tell you to do. This has caused me more stress than I can deal with worrying about what's going to happen next. I'm trying to get the confidence up to try and change the Tcc solenoid to see if that has caused the problem. You may just want to start a new thread asking for the advice you seek on whether to change or not. Like I said earlier there was a lot of sludge in the bottom of the drain pan but now I have the p0741 code so which is worse. Wish I could be more help but I'm still looking for answers myself.

I did the same thing recently and re torqed my valvebody back to spec. It shifts like new now

Maby your over torqued it in a wierd way were you crushed the valve body gasket?

Maby Change the Filter and make surw you give it a good push to seat the 2 ends

I did the same thing recently and re torqed my valvebody back to spec. It shifts like new now

Maby your over torqued it in a wierd way were you crushed the valve body gasket?

Maby Change the Filter and make surw you give it a good push to seat the 2 ends
I was awful careful about that, didn't want to over torque any of those bolts so I don't think that's the problem. I still have it in my head I did something putting the pan back on, it was such a tight fit, like knock loose one of the solenoid connection particularly to the TCC. I'm going to pull it apart as soon as I can get the garage cleared and try and see. I'm going to have a new TCC and EPC on hand to replace.

Back