Cold Engine - funny squeal on acceleration | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cold Engine - funny squeal on acceleration

justjim_pia

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
I was operating my 2011 Explorer this morning, with a cold engine (cold startup with ambient about 10F/-12C), and noticed a funny "squeal" sound as the engine ran past about 3000rpm during acceleration. The noise was really repeatable for about 5 minutes, then it went away.. It somewhat sounded like I had a clown under the hood squealing a balloon, so I checked for clowns after I got to work and found none (at least under the hood, there were plenty in the building).

Anyone having the same behavior on their Explorer? I'm going to get a video w/sound tomorrow if the problem repeats again.

Jim

I sounds like the serpentine belt. I could be grime built up on the belt, belt my need replacement, or mybe some belt dressing spray needed....!

I was operating my 2011 Explorer this morning, with a cold engine (cold startup with ambient about 10F/-12C), and noticed a funny "squeal" sound as the engine ran past about 3000rpm during acceleration...

Hi justjim_pia,

You can always have your dealership take a look (or "listen") so they can diagnose. Be sure to let us know what you find out; I'll keep an eye on this thread but feel free to contact me if you need assistance. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Back