Control Arm Installation (Important Information) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Control Arm Installation (Important Information)

dogfish246

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Ranger V6 4x4
Hey guys,

This is a big mistake that I learned about when I was doing the control arms on my truck so I wanted to share and hopefully educate people so they dont make the same mistake.
Changing out a control arm is easy so dont mess up the job by tightening the control arm with the wheel off the ground (suspension unloaded)
Let me know what you think!

**If the video was helpful, give it a “thumbs up” on YouTube (it helps me out, thanks)***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QczV_6v42A

Amen brotha! Probably the most common mistake wrench benders can make on a suspension.

Locking the bushings at full droop has the bushings at max design deflection at normal ride hight. Compress from there and you are begging for bushing failure.

Amen brotha! Probably the most common mistake wrench benders can make on a suspension.

Locking the bushings at full droop has the bushings at max design deflection at normal ride hight. Compress from there and you are begging for bushing failure.

Yessir! That is why I made the video. I want to teach people so they dont make that mistake!

Back