Couple Questions!

FordGT55

Reaction score
City, State
Worthington , Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Explorer
17 Explorer
So to start I currently own a 2001 Explorer XLT with the 4.0. It has begun to have the death rattle reaaaally bad. So I have started to look for a new Explorer / Mounty a 5.0 for sure. Looked at one today that had 15's on it. Well mine has 16's and I assume I can just switch them over with no problems to the AWD system but wanted to check to make sure.

The Mountaineer they are asking $2800 115000 miles AWD leather power everything. It's dirty but nothing that can't be taken care of needs a tune up again no problem real easy I know. Has miss matching tires which I know is bad for AWD which is why I want to switch my rims / tires over. Check engine light is on (he claims it has no codes, I'm not too worried about it as I don't mind working on my vehicles and putting money into them). Leather is in good condition it drives fine just not sure what to do. It seems like a cheap 5.0 to me which is why I want it. Any helpful tips or ideas?

check the codes

If the check engine light is on then I bet there are codes. I keep an inexpensive code reader in my vehicle and a list of codes. That way I can get more insight when examining a potential purchase. There's usually a reason when someone advertises a vehicle for a lower price. Transmission repairs and new cats can be expensive.

Back