Blue Lamp

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Hello all,
I'm ready to order my ST street pack but I'm running into something that I'm having a conflict with and I was wondering if you guys would help me out with your own experiences. The dealership that I have been working with is demanding that I complete a Ford credit application and sign it but states they will not run it, that it is just a part of their policy and procedure. I had voiced my concern about running my credit twice now and also when the vehicle comes--- possibly many many months from now. The sales guy continues to state that he will not run the credit it's just part of what they do.
Can everyone share what the financing part of their buying experience has been for this pre order? Appreciate it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Run Forest, run. I never gave my SSN to the dealer until we closed the deal. That would not be acceptable to me in any shape or form.

RUN... never ever fill out a credit app. Once the vehicle ships from the factory is when the time to safely do it. A credit approval is good for 30-45 days depending on bank/credit union.

And why a Ford credit app? Tell them you will be paying with a certified bank check (get your own financing through a credit union) therefore no credit app is necessary. They do not need to know where you are getting the money from.

I seriously doubt there will be any rebates on Ford credit at launch anyways.

Hello all,
I'm ready to order my ST street pack but I'm running into something that I'm having a conflict with and I was wondering if you guys would help me out with your own experiences. The dealership that I have been working with is demanding that I complete a Ford credit application and sign it but states they will not run it, that it is just a part of their policy and procedure. I had voiced my concern about running my credit twice now and also when the vehicle comes--- possibly many many months from now. The sales guy continues to state that he will not run the credit it's just part of what they do.
Can everyone share what the financing part of their buying experience has been for this pre order? Appreciate it!
Are you planning on using Ford Credit for the purchase? If so, I don't see a problem especially if you are a first time customer. In fact, I would expect it. Apparently I'm in the minority on this but I have no issues having my credit checked, especially for a purchase/lease like this.

Peter

Are you planning on using Ford Credit for the purchase? If so, I don't see a problem especially if you are a first time customer. In fact, I would expect it. Apparently I'm in the minority on this but I have no issues having my credit checked, especially for a purchase/lease like this.

Peter

There is no reason for 2 dings on your credit report. If they are not going to run his credit then no reason to fill it out 4 months early. If he goes through his own financing, no reason for the dealership to have his SSN or a credit app filled out.

There isnt a single valid reason they need it. It is like saying, I need a check for $500 but wont cash it.

Like others have said, RUN and run fast and run far. Find another dealer. I've ordered a vehicle before and the dealer I dealt with let me order with out a deposit and did not run my credit until the day I went to pick it up at the dealer. But to be fair, that was back in 16 and I've been dealing with that same dealer since 2000 and have purchased/leased several vehicles from them so they treat me like royalty.

I've purchased at least a dozen new cars during my life and have never been asked to complete a credit application when the order is placed. Most dealers will ask for a deposit ($500 or so) to show that you're serious, but I see no reason or need for a credit check when a vehicle is ordered.

Good news! The salesman told me it was policy and procedure....when I asked for the reason behind it, he told me he spoke with his manager and he gave permission to not require the completed application. I have to agree to the price, A plan, and to provide a $500 deposit. I'll be doing the paperwork in the next day or two, thanks everyone!

Back