Cruisin For A Cure Sept 25th/04 in CA | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cruisin For A Cure Sept 25th/04 in CA

TAS98xlt

Out of mod money
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT 5.0
Not sure where to post this, but I just wanted to let everyone know about the Cruisin' For A Cure car show in Costa Mesa, CA which will be held on Sept 25th.

This is for a good cause in which the proceeds go to prostate cancer research. They also give free testing at the show.

There are currently 79 CA, AZ and NV charter members of Ford Truck World signed up for this event. So I think we need to get more Explorers to represent! If anybody is interested check out the link for more info and to download an entry form. http://ftw.truckmoxie.com/forums/topic.ten?pos=1&id=209267

I've already signed up and received my registration number. So I will definately be there!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ted, at least you could give us enough time to prepare.

No, I don't want to take away any thunder from this. This is a very worhty cause!

Originally posted by Black Magic
Ted, at least you could give us enough time to prepare.
LOL I actually received my registration # in Nov of last year. Just hope nothing happens to the X before September rolls around. *knocks on wood* ;)

I went last year and it was a great show. i thought for sure I'd win furthest driver award, since about 99% of the people were from California, but some jackass (ok, he was a prostate cancer survior/retiree) drove from pennsylvania, LOl. Look forward to attending again this year.

Unfortunately I won't be going, my sister decided to get married that weekend, familes gotta come first.

Ugh! I sent all my stuff in a few days ago, but I'm contemplating it now since I forgot I'm leaving for Vegas that following Monday morning...

I may just be able to come down for the day and bite the bullet and sit in traffic all the way up the 405, save the hotel expenses for Vegas I guess.

Couldn't get my friend with his Lightning to go, anyone up here wanna carpool down? (*cough* hvac *cough*), it's only 60 miles away, so I should be able to make good time. If anyone up here near the 118, or where the 405 turns into the 5, 210, etc, give me a ring, maybe we can get something going.

But it looks like this is just a day thing for me, should still be fun!

lol I always thought it was closer.. so I just looked at the map, holy wow I'm wrong, mm I'll shut up now. :p

Nah I got my stuff in and I'm going, just would be alot more entertaining to cruise down with someone. I've never been there before, so I'm hoping I can find the FTW group spot fairly quickly. I think I'll give the keys to the beach condo to my gf for the weekend since she kinda wants to come, but I explained.

I've admired your ride ever since I saw it on cardomain, seeing it in person just rocks, you think I'm sacking this opportunity?

Shall see you there, Ted. :)

If you check out RPS and look at the Cali crew, Ithink they always go. There a few Explorers that run with them. Look for Wayne in the lowered '02 4 door with flames on the side. ;)

Back