Custom exhaust finished, sounds great | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom exhaust finished, sounds great

Dark-5.0

Reaction score
City, State
Leawood, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 5.0 xlt
Well I had a custom y-pipe made up on my '98 5.0 The y-pipe joins the stock pipes together into a 3" pipe and that runs into a 3" flowmaster 40 series muffler and then thats dumped at the rear axle. It sounds so much better than stock. I suggest it to anyone. Any questions?

Jeremy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you got any pictures of it? How much did it cost you?

I could probably get some pics up today or tomorrow. The flowmaster was $75 shipped and the y-pipe and installing everything was $70. So for $145 I got a great sounding exhaust. A lot better than some quiet sounding mac catback for $250.

Jeremy

Where did you get your flowmaster from? They installed everything for $70?

You went 3 inch from the cats back?

I bought the flowmaster off of a guy on ebay. Just search for 3" flowmaster and the guys sells a lot on there. It was $65 and then $10 shipping. Yes it was $70 for the custom y-pipe to join the stock pipes and to install it, the flowmaster and fab up a tail pipe that dumps at the rear axle. No it is not 3" all the way back from the cat. Its only 3" from after the resonators or whatever is underneath the car about half way, right in front of the muffler.

Jeremy

what kind of flowmaster? 40, 50, 70?

Its a 40 series. I have the same ones on my mustang and they sound great. The 50's are too quiet and the 30's are too hollow sounding. I think the 40s are the best sounding.

Jeremy

Back