• Register Today It's free!

Custom Lifts near Calgary AB

03XSport

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport XLT
Anyone know of a place that would do a custom Suspension lift for my 03 EX sport? they dont make them at any shops so i need something custom built!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there is one company that makes them, I believe its superlift. its pricey though. You can achieve the same result much cheaper with a 3" body lift and 2" suspension lift via shackles and torsion twist

03XSPORT, unless you do SAS, SOA there's really no "custom" lift for our trucks. Superlift makes a 4" lift kit for them but they aren't really IMHO a "lift", you're just dropping the front IFS down from the frame.

I did a 3" bodylift, 1.75" TT, Warrior Products lift shackles and 33" DuraTrac's on 15x8" Cragar Soft 8's with 4" b.s...

Here's a couple pictures of mine, it's a '03 Sport Trac 4wd XLT... I plan on doing a SAS, SOA in the near future. Tired of the limitations of the IFS.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm not running the sport trac im running the sport... which they absolutely do not make a suspension lift for... thats why im wondering if theyres a company that does custom one of a kind work

The Explorer Sport (year's 95-03) are the same setup "RFV" as the 95-01 Explorer, Mountaineer and the '01-05 Explorer Sport Trac as well as the Rangers from 95-on, just a heads up to make it easier to shop around for lift parts.

Try checking out the Offroad section, you'll get alot more answers there.

03XSPORT, unless you do SAS, SOA there's really no "custom" lift for our trucks. Superlift makes a 4" lift kit for them but they aren't really IMHO a "lift", you're just dropping the front IFS down from the frame.

The 4" lift for 2nd gen Explorers is, relatively, no different than a lift kit for a solid axle vehicle. They both lift the frame relative to the axles.

The only difference is that the diff has to be lowered on an IFS setup vs a solid axle.

So you're basically saying no suspension lift is a "real lift"

Technically yes, the only true lift you get is from the tires but you need to lift the suspension/ body to do this. You could skyjack the hell out of any vehicle but unless you put taller tires on there you won't get any "real" clearence lift.

Back