• Register Today It's free!

My Lift Options!!!

burtonbrd138

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLS
I have a 2000 Xls and i plan on executing a lift with the following things/ options

-Custom Suspension 2.5 lift Shackles
-Torsion Twist in the front
or
-Warrior 153 Shackles
-Add-a-leaf
-Torsion Twist

My question is if i execute a lift above 2.5 from the shackles do i need new shocks? I know that i can not do a lift over two inches with the TT. I am thinking the 2.5 Custom Suspension shackles because more lift from one product and my rear end is sagging more than the front as is.
-Tell me your opinions:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just measured my fender heights and my passenger side is an inch higher than my drivers. :eek: That is akward........ oh ya bump

You won't need longer shocks.

ok that is a relief because i have KYB shocks and i like them. I think i am going to order the 2 inch lift shackles but i am not sure. The rear does sag alot. i cant wait to lift it a bit and get bigger tires like 32's or 31's.

2.5 is a lot to get out of shackles. The warriors only do about 1.5"

ya i know that warriors only give about 1.5 to 1.75 inches of lift. Customsuspension.com make them up to 2.5 inches

ya i know that warriors only give about 1.5 to 1.75 inches of lift. Customsuspension.com make them up to 2.5 inches

wouldnt longer shackles put more strain on your leaf pack compared to the regular 1.5" shackles?

honestly i have no idea and i was hoping someone would tell me:D So please someone tell what they think.

I think that has been tried before and it's best to stay at the 1.5" shackles. Do an add-a-leaf if you want more.

While you're at it, you might swap the leaves between the two sides to help correct some of that lean you were referring to. The lean happens because of the gas tank and driver's ass being on the same side of the truck.

Good luck ;)

not to mention that extra 1" may get your pinion angle out of whack, which would require more labor to re-angle the pinion.

although I don't know how much of a change shackles do on pinion angles.

2 inch might be OK, I'm really not sure.

I've just read that over about 1.5" (I think) the leaves will flatten out and you really won't gain as much lift.

yay I was right for once! :D

ok i like how you guys told me what you thought so i did some research on shackle lifts and pinion angles. Some guy on a Chevy ZR-2 forum makes 2.5 inch lift shackles for blazers. Are the leafs stronger from Chevy? They worked for him so i just am thinking if he did it without any problems. Is there a difference or basically the same as fords set up. i think i might just have to go with 2 inches... call me crazy:confused:

are you sure those shackles are not 2.5 inches longer then the stock shackles? if so only doing the rear shackle no hanger that would only be 1.25 of lift.

i used the autozone shackles and the have worked fine but i did brace the middle of the shackle.

no the shackles are made to give 2.5 inches of lift. They have three models ranging from 1.5 inch lift to 2.5 inch lift in increments of .5 inches.

are you sure those shackles are not 2.5 inches longer then the stock shackles? if so only doing the rear shackle no hanger that would only be 1.25 of lift.

i used the autozone shackles and the have worked fine but i did brace the middle of the shackle.

Ya i looked at the autozone shackles and i dont think i can trust them. They just look cheap and i dont have a welder or anyone i know that can put a brace on those.

Ya i looked at the autozone shackles and i dont think i can trust them. They just look cheap and i dont have a welder or anyone i know that can put a brace on those.

ive only heard good things about the auto zone shackles

Ya Idk, If i am going with shackles of the same lift of the AutoZones the WAR153 are on the top of my list.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have beaten the hell out of my autozone shackles in the 3 years ive had them. There is really nothing wrong with them. And my ex has seen alot of high speed desert stuff, and some pretty nasty jumps. They will be fine, if you need to extra piece of mind go to a metal yard and have them cut you some tube to use as a brace in the middle hole.

Back