• Register Today It's free!

decent exhaust cutting tool?

renzAy34134

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Myers Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hey just bought a 30$ cutting tool from sears. Well the cutting wheel chipped and then the whole thing had catastrophic failure. Does anyone know of a better tool to cut exhaust. I got about halfway through before it took a dump. I do have a sawsall and other items but i just dont have acess to them at the moment. Wont for another month or so. Any ideas on any substitute thats not going to run me $100? Lemme know. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go to Harbor Freight and grab one of their recip. saws. Its cheap, but you don't need it for long, and you can keep it as a spare sawzall.

they even have one on sale for $30 right now (not sure if its avail in stores by you though)
http://www.harborfreight.com/6-amp-reciprocating-saw-with-rotating-handle-65570.html

If they don't, at least bring this with you to help off-set the cost on one of the other models they have. (20% coupon good til monday)
http://widgets.harborfreight.com/ws...tml&cust=00133338821&keycode=1003&single=true

~Mark

sweet thank you!

why not go with an angle grinder? I find the reciprocating saw is less stable and accurate when compared to a grinder.

iz wack. I have one I just dont have one with me. I currently am apart from my tools for the next month or so. I just need something to get me through all this until i move back home.

tech... where could i rent something? I usually just buy tools if i dont have them cuz heyyy you could always use more tools. But i already have alot of the same stuff. would napa rent? i have all the "normal" name places around me just never thought of it.

Nice I may check them out tomorow. Oh I know its kinda late to ask but any issues with removing resonator?

Back