disabling 4x4 in 2000 "X" eb | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

disabling 4x4 in 2000 "X" eb

Reaction score
City, State
Union NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer eddie baur
hey looking for info on this, because i did alot of mods and i want to see where it stands, i currently go to lincoln tech and they have a dyno, but the only problem is that it is a 2wd, so i have to disable it to run..

any info is welcome

thanks

steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

V6 or V8?

pull out the front driveshaft while on the dyno, but be aware it will drive in park if you're on a slope. I suggest pulling it literally right before you put it on the dyno, and the putting it right back in after.

As far as numbers you're probably going to be looking at 185-195whp on a stock X.

pull out the front driveshaft while on the dyno, but be aware it will drive in park if you're on a slope. I suggest pulling it literally right before you put it on the dyno, and the putting it right back in after.

As far as numbers you're probably going to be looking at 185-195whp on a stock X.

thanks, i was at 198 hp, but i put on mac cai, and 3" flowmaster series 50 exhaust, so time to see if i actually improves, and i might get a bama chip or different profermance chip

Did you do anything with the headers, or the cats?

thanks, i was at 198 hp, but i put on mac cai, and 3" flowmaster series 50 exhaust, so time to see if i actually improves, and i might get a bama chip or different profermance chip

if you make it to 200whp I'll be surprised.

A muffler without any other supporting exhaust mods isn't really going to net you any real power increase. Especially if you still have the stock 2.25" intermediaries and all 4 stock cats.

The CAI isn't gonna net you much

i have no cats, i cut them and i put a 3" regular pipe and had my buddy weld it for me, i have stock exhaust mufflers but thinking on getting the TORQUE MONSTER HEADERS. so i can exhail better, but that is a project within the next few months due to putting on a new stock manifold: and my pipe still has the muffler do to state law

Back