Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Driver door

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by gamegodessss, October 12, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. gamegodessss

gamegodessss New Member

City, State:
      california
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1992 Ford Explorer 4x4
      Not sure if im in the right place but im looking for the drivers side door for a 1997 ford explorer sport, 2 door, electric with keyless entry. Anyone know where I might find something like that? I am located in Hemet Ca 92544

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Turdle

Turdle I bake stuff Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Humboldt, KS
      2000 Mounty
      Sounds like repairable things to me, and, a used door will probably develop the same issues in time. The broken parts on your door can be repaired for less than 75.00 I think.

2 new door latches and a lock solenoid. In fact, the broken door handles could be causing the lock mechanism to hang up.

Thread moved to the stock 1995-2001 sub forum for better views.

• Like Like x 1
    4. vroomzoomboom

vroomzoomboom Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS! Elite Explorer

City, State:
      selkirk, manitoba
      98 supercharged 347 sport
      looking at your other thread (dont know why you edited this one) the parts dont have to be from a spot. you can use the latch, handle, and solenoid from a 4 door. you will just need to swap the linkages from the latch. they also dont have to be from a 97, they can be from a 95-01

• Like Like x 1