Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode) | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have found no proper code. That's what I am looking for.

The link I provided above told me to look below the driver dash as that worked for that person with a 2011, but the code in that location in my 2011 reads like this (not exact numbers/letters), but like this: CC443B21

This is not a 5 digit factory code. What I did try was putting the 44321 from the above in the MFT (only accepts numbers. not letters) where it asks for the factory code to program the keyless entry in case that might work, but it rejected it.

So, I am still in search somewhere in my 2011 for the 5 digit factory code...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have found no proper code. That's what I am looking for.

The link I provided above told me to look below the driver dash as that worked for that person with a 2011, but the code in that location in my 2011 reads like this (not exact numbers/letters), but like this: CC443B21

This is not a 5 digit factory code. What I did try was putting the 44321 from the above in the MFT (only accepts numbers. not letters) where it asks for the factory code to program the keyless entry in case that might work, but it rejected it.

So, I am still in search somewhere in my 2011 for the 5 digit factory code...
That is indeed odd. I know that there are other members who did find their code there. If all else fails, see if the dealer can find it for you by running your VIN in their system. You didn't by chance try 44321 on the keypad did you?

Peter

Found it. Under the driver dash you really have to crawl down and look to the upper left of the numbers/letters I mentioned above.

The 5 digits end in an "L", which is what worked for the poster in my above link, so I was ready to do it, but now my MFT screen goes black!!!

Will give the car a rest and try and start it in a few and hope the MFT screen works, but if I see it does not work or goes dark later, it is off to the dealer for a warranty visit.

Found it. Under the driver dash you really have to crawl down and look to the upper left of the numbers/letters I mentioned above.

The 5 digits end in an "L", which is what worked for the poster in my above link, so I was ready to do it, but now my MFT screen goes black!!!

Will give the car a rest and try and start it in a few and hope the MFT screen works, but if I see it does not work or goes dark later, it is off to the dealer for a warranty visit.

Get yourself setup on www.syncmyride.com and then do a vehicle health report. It should update your MFT version on syncmyride. There may be updates to MFT. The new software is better at not rebooting/going dark than the older software.

If your screen is still dark, try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

Keep in mind that the warranty on the MFT/Sync system was extended by Ford to 5 years and unlimited mileage so your MFT system isn't out of warranty until around 2016. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412704,00.asp

Yes, it isn't in the most convenient place. If you can't get your MFT to turn ON, you can try the procedure mentioned in the Sticky section, "MFT Acting Up?" You can also try a battery disconnect (Negative cable) for 10 minutes or so but that will cause a few things to be re-learned.
If nothing works, it could be the APIM that needs to be replaced. Ford has extended the warranty on it to 5 years. Good luck.

Peter

Per two posts up, I did update to 3.6.2 two days ago without a hitch.

So, I gave the car 5 minutes to rest and the MFT worked.

Will have to keep an eye on this, but hopefully it was just a one-off.

Now, back the keyless entry. I put the factory code in to the MFT in the area where you add a keyless entry code. It accepted the factory code, so that is good, but it did not take my personal 5 digit code.

So, I resorted to programming from outside the car on the keyless entry bar itself. Put in the factory code, them hit 1/2, then put in my personal 5 digit code and with worked. Finally!

Not only good if you lock your key in the car, but it says in the manual if you hit 1/2 at the end it programs in your seat setting. This is good if it works as one big thing the Ex is missing is seat presets for different drivers.

So, after all that, it's all good :smoke:

Not only good if you lock your key in the car, but it says in the manual if you hit 1/2 at the end it programs in your seat setting. This is good if it works as one big thing the Ex is missing is seat presets for different drivers.

So, after all that, it's all good :smoke:

This will only work if your vehicle is equipped with the seat memory feature. If you don't have the 1/2/3 buttons on the inside of the drivers door you won't be able to use this feature.

This will only work if your vehicle is equipped with the seat memory feature. If you don't have the 1/2/3 buttons on the inside of the drivers door you won't be able to use this feature.

Bummer. I can't believe my car is as loaded as it is (see sig below) and does not have seat memory - unless it is somewhere I am missing it, but usually on lower side of seat where controls are.

Bummer. I can't believe my car is as loaded as it is (see sig below) and does not have seat memory - unless it is somewhere I am missing it, but usually on lower side of seat where controls are.

Seat memory is only available on limited and sport models as far as I know. The controls are on the door near the handle to open.

Seat memory is only available on limited and sport models as far as I know. The controls are on the door near the handle to open.

Well, not the end of the world as I am happily divorced, no kids, and make sure I am the only insured driver not only to save money on insurance, but it is a good excuse to give my girlfriend as to why she can't drive my cars.

Only time it will be an issue is when in for service.

Keyless Entry Keypad Settings

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer XLT, with MFT (8" Screen), with the most current Software GEN2-V3.6.2. I haven't used my on door keypad for some time. I did add a 2nd keycode, a while back, but wanted to change. While in the vehicle, I went to Settings, Vehicle, Door Keypad Code. It then said to first enter the Factory Code, which I did, and it was accepted. System then gave me an option, to edit/delete previous code, which I assumed meant the 1 I had created about a year ago. I opted to delete, and it appears to have done so. I then went back to create a new code. I then tried to enter the Factory Code (first, as directed). Now, I can't get the system to recognize the Factory Code. I key it in, hit enter, and the screen just clears out the 5 digit number, with no explanation, or indication of error. I keep trying the Factory Code, but it keeps ignoring it. I do have the right code, as I have my Ford issued factory card, with the number on it. I am also unable to get the external keypad to recognize the Factory Code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer XLT, with MFT (8" Screen), with the most current Software GEN2-V3.6.2. I haven't used my on door keypad for some time. I did add a 2nd keycode, a while back, but wanted to change. While in the vehicle, I went to Settings, Vehicle, Door Keypad Code. It then said to first enter the Factory Code, which I did, and it was accepted. System then gave me an option, to edit/delete previous code, which I assumed meant the 1 I had created about a year ago. I opted to delete, and it appears to have done so. I then went back to create a new code. I then tried to enter the Factory Code (first, as directed). Now, I can't get the system to recognize the Factory Code. I key it in, hit enter, and the screen just clears out the 5 digit number, with no explanation, or indication of error. I keep trying the Factory Code, but it keeps ignoring it. I do have the right code, as I have my Ford issued factory card, with the number on it. I am also unable to get the external keypad to recognize the Factory Code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the Forum babus.:wavey:
As mentioned in my PM, I have merged your thread with this one. Have a look at post 25 and see if that will help you out. Good luck.

Peter

I couldn't get the MFT to accept my personal code after it accepts the factory code, so I just did it manually on the outside of the door itself on the keyless entry pad.

Put in your 5 digit factory code, then press 1/2, then put in your desired 5 digit personal code.

I just upgraded to MFT 3.6.2 and it works flawlessly (tested everything) except for entering the keyless code and I can live with that as I just did it manually on the outside of the door.

Thank You peterk9, for guiding me to the right forum, and thanks to tmg19103, for your response. I have tried the instructions in post 25, about 30 times, and I just can't get the original code programmed back in. I have locked it out several times for too many tries, but put key in ignition, started the car, and then turned off, so security would reset. Also cycled the alarm on the key fob. I do have a few questions if you wouldn't mind. When you press the 1 * 2 key, or the 5 * 6 keys at the end of the sequence, is the light on that key supposed to turn on or blink ? Also, is there a consistent way to insure that you can get a number to blink, all the time ? It seems as though I am having a difficult time "hitting the sweet spot" all the time on the numbers. I usually have the most problems with the 1 * 2, and 9 * 0, keys. Would a MFT master reset resolve the problem, and, if so, will I be able to re-update my software to the V3.6.2 version, as SYNCMYRIDE already shows that I am on that version ? I very much appreciate your time and assistance.

Thank You peterk9, for guiding me to the right forum, and thanks to tmg19103, for your response. I have tried the instructions in post 25, about 30 times, and I just can't get the original code programmed back in. I have locked it out several times for too many tries, but put key in ignition, started the car, and then turned off, so security would reset. Also cycled the alarm on the key fob. I do have a few questions if you wouldn't mind. When you press the 1 * 2 key, or the 5 * 6 keys at the end of the sequence, is the light on that key supposed to turn on or blink ? Also, is there a consistent way to insure that you can get a number to blink, all the time ? It seems as though I am having a difficult time "hitting the sweet spot" all the time on the numbers. I usually have the most problems with the 1 * 2, and 9 * 0, keys. Would a MFT master reset resolve the problem, and, if so, will I be able to re-update my software to the V3.6.2 version, as SYNCMYRIDE already shows that I am on that version ? I very much appreciate your time and assistance.
By 'blink' I assume you mean having the light at the top of the strip come on when you press a number. I seldom use the this Securicode door lock method. I have the Limited and always use the the door handle to lock/unlock the door but I've not had a problem getting the light to come on when I do use it. I have never tried to change the code and use the one that came from the factory. A Master Reset will not affect/change the MFT software. It will keep whatever version you have installed. I have never used the Master Reset and can't say if it will help or not. It doesn't look like you have anything to lose by trying it. If that doesn't work you can always disconnect the negative battery cable and leave it off for an hour or so before reconnecting it. If all else fails, I suggest taking it to the dealer to have them check it out. Good luck.

Peter

Keyless Entry Keypad Settings Update

Well, I ended up taking my Explorer to the dealer. They found that the keypad on my door, had the touch sensors underneath the numbers totally out of alignment with the number keys. They ended up having to order (under warranty), a new right side of window door frame panel which the touch keypad is imbedded in. I am taking it in Friday to have the new frame installed. They are also going to reprogram my master code, so I hope this will be resolved. I'll post again, after I have the service. I appreciate everyone's response and ideas.

Hey,

I have been hit by the same issue described by MizzouMan_2000 within the very first hour I got my new 2014 Ford Explorer.

MFT interface for changing keypad code does not function at all.

Any help will be appreciated!

I had this prob setting the keyless entry code on my MFT.

Not sure if it is because it never worked or the previous owner deleted the factory code.

Just used the method to put my own personal code in the actual keypad on the outside of the driver's door.

On the door keypad, enter the 5 digit factory code, then hit 1/2 then enter your 5 digit personal code and it will accept it with the doors locking and unlocking.

Hey,

I have been hit by the same issue described by MizzouMan_2000 within the very first hour I got my new 2014 Ford Explorer.

MFT interface for changing keypad code does not function at all.

Any help will be appreciated!
Welcome to the Forum magicford2014.:wavey:
I haven't run into this problem because I'm still using the factory code. Couldn't see any reason to change it. Check out some of the posts in this thread and see if any of them are helpful. Good luck.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Was not trying to change the factory code, just to add a new personal code from MFT interface.

Actual keypad on the door panel works fine, can add and remove personal codes.

Also tried the solution [MENTION=9514]Pos[/MENTION]t #25 couple of times. Unfortunately, it does not work for me. Not sure if I have to disconnect the fuse? (I did not do that step)

Does it harm anything. Absolutely not. Have to leave with this issue from day one, a bit annoying....

Back