Non-Stop Door Locking Issue - SecuriCode? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Non-Stop Door Locking Issue - SecuriCode?

Three Pennies

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT 4WD
Hey All... new to the forum. Hopefully someone can help me with this, as days of googling and research has gotten me nowhere.

Car started automatically locking a couple weeks ago. While driving the car doors just started locking non stop (click, click, click, click). They intermittently lock whether moving or parked. At night its like my flashers are on in the driveway at times, hehe. Almost locked the kids in the car the other day., so wanna get this fixed asap.

We had it hooked up to look for error codes and it seems all we could get was the Securicode keypad to come back after clearing the codes. (BCM CODE B121B) But without taking it to Ford we were unable to nail it down any further. Don't really want to spend the money the dealer will charge, so trying to fix this on my own.

Now there seems to be a hairline crack towards the bottom of the Securicode Touchpad... MAYBE moisture go in?? but it really doesn't seem all that bad. So my first try was going to be replacing this whole panel/keypad.

Has anyone ever had this issue to know what it could be before I give that a go? It seems to be coming from the driver side door, but that's just an educated guess. Thanks in advance for any knowledge!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First time reading about this issue on here. I know some have had it replaced because it had flown off while driving.

Also, the fact you have a crack at the bottom.. and the 7/8 and 9/0 (at the bottom) is what locks the doors, the whole moisture issue could be the cause.

A long, long time ago, I got nailed by an ocean wave that took me down and my key fob got soaked. As I approached my car, the locks went psychotic. Eventually the fob dried out and everything was fine.

You could potentially see about pulling a fuse to see if you can disable the touch pad and see if the problem goes away.

Yes, the crack is at the bottom so it does kinda vibe with the assumption that its the keypad causing this issue. I did swap out key fobs for a day or two, turned off the auto locking features, etc... but nothing seems to have stopped this. Wet or dry for days... still happens, so maybe pulling the fuse is a pretty good idea to try. Just need to find out which one it is.

Thanks!

Yes, the crack is at the bottom so it does kinda vibe with the assumption that its the keypad causing this issue. I did swap out key fobs for a day or two, turned off the auto locking features, etc... but nothing seems to have stopped this. Wet or dry for days... still happens, so maybe pulling the fuse is a pretty good idea to try. Just need to find out which one it is.

Thanks!
Fuse 21, 10A, Intelligent access (IA), Keypad (Cabin Fuse Panel)

Please complete your registration by adding the 'required' Trim Level (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it shows in the margin. This can at times be very useful info to have. Thanks.

Peter

Pulled the fuse and took a 15 minute drive. It didn't happen once. That would further cement it as the cause, but I'll give it some more time to see if it happens again, and report back.... Thanks again!

Back