Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode) | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know about the later models but the code on the earlier ones was also written inside the vehicle near the fuse box. See post #29. The above method is definitely easier. But if it doesn't work for you, try looking for it under the dash near the fuse box if you are able to contort yourself into a position that will allow that. ;)

Peter

Just followed the video instructions on my 2017 and worked like a charm. Took 2 minutes and had my code.

Trying to find the factory 5 digit code for re-set the keyless entry. Where is the RAP module on 2012 Explorer?

Trying to find the factory 5 digit code for re-set the keyless entry. Where is the RAP module on 2012 Explorer?
You might want to ask this in the 5th gen forum.

Your thread was merged with this existing one. The answer for the Securicode location is explained here. Post #29 is one of them.
Have you never used the OEM code? Have you checked the folder with the manuals in it? That is where many of the codes were found.

Peter

I would believe it would be the same on my used 19. I found it on the backside of the interior drivers side fuse block.

I was ableto remove the bolt holding the fuseblock in place and taking a pic of the backside with my cellphone and capturing the 5 digit keycode. It was not a fun job and I'm tall and skinny.

Have you checked the location mentioned above by jfbk?
I previously owned an 02 Explorer XLT, on mine the code was on the lock module- located under the passenger side interior c pillar plastic piece.
likely in the same area on the Sport.

I would believe it would be the same on my used 19. I found it on the backside of the interior drivers side fuse block.

I was ableto remove the bolt holding the fuseblock in place and taking a pic of the backside with my cellphone and capturing the 5 digit keycode. It was not a fun job and I'm tall and skinny.
It should be readily available by checking as indicated in the post I mentioned. They may have changed the location when they did the 2016 refresh but if not, you shouldn't have to remove anything to see it. You may have to remove part of the lower dash extension which was added in later models..

Peter

Sorry all for the typo- I meant to say "2021, not 2012". But I saw a You Tube video on how to retrieve the factory code for the keypad. New truck didn't have the card.
Was pretty easy;
- take BOTH of your smart keys
- drop one into the programming slot, press the "start engine button only once, with your foot off the brake. Do not start the vehicle, just turn on the power.
-wait till the chimes stop ( about 3-4 seconds) then press button once again
- remove the first key, do the same with the second
- the dash display will show the 5 digit factory code. Once you have that you can re-program it to your own personal code. But you can never override the factory code, which will continue to work if you want to use it also.

One more thing; when putting the key into the receptacle, the buttons must face the rear of the truck.

Dealer on Long Island wants $375 to read the code. Typical.

I pulled the fuse box and read the sticker with a mirror. Ten minutes' work.

This will work for those with push button start.

Peter

Dealer on Long Island wants $375 to read the code. Typical.

I pulled the fuse box and read the sticker with a mirror. Ten minutes' work.
Welcome to the 5th gen forum. :wave:
Your post was moved to this existing thread.

Peter

Just picked up a 2019 XLT with push button start. The keyless entry code was not in the vehicle, and I am wondering if anyone knows a way to get it without going to FORD dealership and paying for it. Any help would be appreciated. Merry Xmas all!

Just picked up a 2019 XLT with push button start. The keyless entry code was not in the vehicle, and I am wondering if anyone knows a way to get it without going to FORD dealership and paying for it. Any help would be appreciated. Merry Xmas all!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I have moved your post to this existing thread found using the 'Search' feature (upper right).
I believe all the info you need is on this page. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Peter

Back