• Register Today It's free!

getting an extra 2in of lift.

chuxstang

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Sport 4x4
what would be the best way to go about doing this. I have a 4in supsension and a 3in body lift. I need to get 2 more inches or so to fit 35's soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fiberglass front fenders

2" larger springs in the front and add a leafs in the rear. or forget about all that and bust out mr. sawzall and goto town. :D

ExplorerSportNu said:
LOL ^^ for 2" of lift :confused:

For what it costs, he is wanting to more lift to fit the 35's if you put on the figerglass fender you don't need more lift and you get to keep the lower CG (center of gravity).

I keep toying with the idea of getting fiberglass fenders but always decide against it due to my brushguard sitting so tight against the fenders. Now I know sk1er has fibe. fenders and a brushguard very similar to mine, but I just really don't think with that big bulge on the 1st gen fibe. fenders that I would be able to squeeze them in there and still keep the brushguard.

the problem with the fenders is that im not a huge fan of those ones. Maybe I could just cut the **** out of it and then throw some bushwacker flare around the wheel well to clean it up...

^Have also considered that option myself. If you could cut it in about the same fashion as the stock fender was, then the flare should fit, and look good too.

Back