Which is better for X? Body+Susp Lift or Just Susp Lift?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which is better for X? Body+Susp Lift or Just Susp Lift??

Chew_12

Working
Reaction score
City, State
Chandler, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I have 93'xlt. Which is better to get, A 4" supsension lift with a 2" body lift or just a straight 6" Supsension lift?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you go with susp=body, you are not gonna get the added flex of the extra 2" from the 6". The 4" plus the body is definately the cheaper way to go, just depends what you plan on doin, as far as big time off road or just ridin on some trails occasionally.

The only answer to that question depends on your money situation...in my opinion...if you have the money, then go straight for the 6" lift......Just a thought!......(wish I had the money:))

Couple of things to consider.

A body lift 's only purpose in life is to get you fender clearance for larger tires. It also raises the center of gravity of the truck making it a little more tippy.

A 6" suspension lift may yield a little more flex then stock, but if you keep the stock radius arms you are not going to gain much articulation. However if you get the 6" suspension lift with the extended arms, brake lines, shocks, etc you will then get the benefits of added articulation.

Larger tires = more ground clearance, a larger contact patch on the earth and more traction.

Personally I would rather steer clear of the body lift, go straight for a 6" suspension lift (Skyjacker) and trim the fenders or run fiberglass to clear larger tires. This way you get the best of both worlds, larger tires and more articulation.

Yet again it is all a matter of what you want to use the truck for. Looks = BL, off road ability = suspension.

Go for the 6 inch, body lift on the explorers are tough when it comes to aligning bumpers, plus if you decide to add a brushgaurd then even more issues. In the long run you will be better off.

Back