Global Windows

collazo136

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Base
Hello,

I have a 2017 Explorer Base and I've been messing around with ForScan. My adapter is both HS/MS and the connection is "excellent" in ForScan. I've noticed that for the Base, XLT and Sport trim don't come with the DDM or PDM (Driver's door module or Passenger door module). I find this out by putting the VIN's of different trim level in to (https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt). Anyways, according to (FORScan 2011-2018 Explorers) and another thread's here in this forum says that I can send a CAN signal to make the windows roll up and down using my keyless remote but they don't go into detail. On the icloud link above says that 11-15 are missing wiring and to my understanding the window motors of the 16-18 windows on the base, XLT and Sport are the same as 11-15 which are the one with a microprocessor. Any how, I'm trying to enable Global up and down to my explorer. I've made the changes to the BCM and IPC, which added the "windows" option in my cluster and I've selected Open and Close. But, it is not working. Anyone figured this out yet?

If you do not have the DDM or PDM you will not be able to do the global windows. The DDM and PDM control the windows, so you can have the option in the IPC and with out the controllers they will not work. If I where you I would change the values back so the option will not show in the IPC.

Back