• Register Today It's free!

Good budget Subs

gard_mc

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Sport
I've seen alot of info about amps and it seems everyone likes the Profile and Lighting Audio for a fairly cheap amp with good quality. What about subs though? I know this gets asked alot, but I haven't seen too much about budget subs that will sound good and not melt! Are the Profile and LA subs good also?

I'm looking at going with 2 DVC 10's or 12's with an amp at about 150X2 RMS at 2 Ohm OR just one 12" with an amp bridged at 4 ohm. I've never dealt with DVC's before, but they look pretty simple and seem like a great idea for flexibility. Has anybody had a bad experience with Dual Voice Coils?

Thanks for the help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok let me give you my *novice* opinion. The walmart brands like Roadmaster with the 2 stage coils SUCK. I went back to wal-mart and got their pioneer with a 4 stage voice coil for like 20 bucks more, and it sounds great and I'm driving it with a 150 watt "budget" amp. The whole setup was really cheap and sounds awesome.

MTX MTX MTX. You won't break the bank, and the sound compared to Lightning Audio is so much better. You can usually find them buy one get one free at Circuit City.

MTX, I agree. But get the 6000s rather than the 4000s, you'll wish you had if you don't.

MA audio makes great subs for a good price:D

Thanks for the help. Can anybody get me straight on one thing. If I get a single sub with dual 4 ohm voice coils, can I wire it up to an amp pushing at 4 ohm, or does it have to be 2 or 8? What I've found is a couple amps which I would bridge, but can only be bridged at 4 ohms.

THanks again

I would say go with Bazooka, they are by far the best budget woofers. For the money, a decent set of Bazookas hit just as hard as Rockford Fosgate HE2's. Just my $.02

It has to be 2 or 8 ohms. One comment on buget stuff... If you want a really nice amp for cheap, ceck out the US Acoustics amps at sounddomain.com also look at their JBL subs. The least expensive ones aren't DVC but they sound pretty dang good.

Try these sites.

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

I am using right now a mtx 4250d with a infinity 10.1d and very pleased with it.

-if you want to get 1 sub DVC get a mono amp
-if you want to get 1 4ohm SVC get a 2ch
-if you want 2 DVC's get either a 2ch or a stong mono amp for 1 0hm

audiobahn

www.thezeb.com

massive sales right now they are closign out the old stuff

everything i order from them i get in under 3 days.
really nice guys! and FACTORY AUTHORIZED

lkj

I got a free one from my brother's friend. Not sure of the brand, the only writing on it says California...

That one hit pretty good, knocked a wire loose on itself and I thought it was blown. So I went out and got a Boss at a pawn shop for $90, that's the one I had in my Scout until I took it out to sell it, and it was a little less powerful but still good.

Brother looked at the first one and did a couple things, now it's fine..

I'm planning to get another box and put both the subs in my X when I finally get it and put a CD player in there, so that should rock the neighborhood :)

BTW, my subs are 12" in a $50 Wal Mart box...

A very nice, quality sub that wont put a dent in your wallet is the competition subs, Hollywood Excursions. I tried them for a while and i have yet to hear better sound quality for that price. At one point the 10'' out performed a set of 12'' JBL's. check'em out !

Thanks

Thanks for everybodies input. I've ordered a 12" audiobahn sub and and Profile Clarus CL600M. The stuff *hopefully* will be here by the end of the week so I can get it in this weekend!!!

What audiobahn sub did you buy? I should be buying subs sometime soon, and i'm still not sure what to get. Let me know what yours sounds like after your install.

Back