Goodyear Wrangler HP worth a @#$%? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Goodyear Wrangler HP worth a @#$%?

Has anyone ever used Goodyear Wrangler HP's?

I am 99% sure that there are better performance all season tires out there, but they have the tire size that I'm looking for, 255-60-18.

So if anyone has had any experience with 'em, please tell me if they are worth a @#$%. :p Or if you guys have any recommendations for another similar tire, lemme know. Thanks for the help, gents!

Hmmm, that's the only tire that I can find in that size by quickly looking. So I guess you either have to go with them or get another size.

Personally, I'd get Pirellis, Dunlops, Michelins, or BFGs over those.

Don't the new Rams with 20s have HPs? Find a new Ram owner and ask them.

I tend to agree with you. I'm no brand ***** :D , but I do believe that Goodyear is not the best choice for performance and quality over some of the others.

If they had the right size, I'm impressed with the Nitto NT404. Alec, I didn't even summon you this time! Have the X God's assigned you to keep watch over my project? HAHA!! For the tires you suggested, correct me if I'm wrong on the models:

Pirelli Scorpion Zero (Have those now in 275-60-16...obviously not for snow)
Dunlop Sport Rover GTX
Michelin ? (Pilot LTX? Kinda looks like X-terrain.)
BFG ?

You already suggested that I should be running two sets of tires/wheels being in the snow belt.....dedicated set for summer and winter. But, I'm a blockhead and still trying to find a combo that will work well for all year. My stock tire diameter is approx 30" (255-70-16), so the game plan is to keep the same tread width, go with a lower profile via larger wheel diam (no larger than 18), and select a good tread pattern and compound.

I'm probably looking for the impossible, but there's what I'm trying to work with, so get out your tire size calculator! :D

OH, and kkreit01, I will keep an eye out for Ram owners. HP's are orig equip on Land Rovers too. Good suggestion.....Thanks!

For more options, you could go to a 255/55/18. Those would be 1" smaller in diamter than your stock tires. Or you could bump up to a 265/60/18, which also gives you more options. The 265/60s are 30.4". If you want to use them year around, consider going with 17s....I run 17s during the summer, and 30x9.5 15s in the winter. I usually run the winte set from Halloween to Easter. It's almost like having a different vehicle twice a year....

Back