Bought new tires GOODYEAR WRANGLER AUTHORITY | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bought new tires GOODYEAR WRANGLER AUTHORITY

I was needing to buy new tires because my current BFG'S are beyond help so I decided to buy some 31-10.50-15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority AT, I have been running bfg all terrain ta ko's for the last 5 years but decided to try these new tires, they cost $133.00 each, they look quite impressive and the few days I have had them on now I have no complaints.

Winter is just about here in kansas and I can't wait to see how these tires perform so has anybody else bought these tires and what do you think?

Below is a couple pics of the new tires and my old ass worn out bfg's.

840A1319.jpg

840A1320.jpg

840A1321.jpg

840A1322.jpg

840A1323.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those are some good looking tires. They don't look great for thick mud, but they'll definitely get traction off-highway. Seems like a good choice on my end.

Tires look great I'm running the 31 x 10.50 goodyear wrangler territory they have a bit more lug spacing and got me outta trouble lastnight in the snowdrifts behind my house. So far so good just hopefully I get some good mileage out of it.

They look like some good tires. I don't really care for Goodyears, but they seem to have a wide range of AT's lately, with MT looks, and sipes for the wet and snow. A very practical choice for a on/off road tire. Post up how they do in the wet and snow when you find out.

They look similar to the Wrangler Duratracs I just bought. Good lookin meats. :thumbsup:

I have Wrangler owl's on my 94.The traction is great but they get real noisy after a short while.They seem to wear well but the road noise kinda sucks and I keep them balanced.I stopped rotating them because the rears are so damn loud when they are on the front.

I'm gonna get a set of Wrangler Duratrac's when I go up in size.:D

So how did they make it through the season? I'm thinking of getting these for my X

I also have the 31" authorities and they have done very well on the wet roads here in FL. I haven't got into mud yet but they did great in deep sugar sand, didn't even need to use 4wd. I am having some issues with slight chopping on the front tires though, but nothing major. I guess I should have the camber & toe checked.

are those Authories or Territories?

Your pics, with the different lugs, look more like the Canadian Tire version (Territory), which has a different pattern than the Wally World Authorities.
Both are made by Goodyear for the respective stores, which Goodyear says os based on their popular Duratrac.

Pics of the territory at Crappy Tire (just a common nickname for Canadian Tire) not saying they are really crayy tires, in fact every review on their websites rates them as excellent value for money, even at OUR prices.
http://tires.canadiantire.ca/view/p...dyear_AD6_En&gclid=CMOnr-eo26wCFQlrhwodQ3cROw

Your pics, with the different lugs, look more like the Canadian Tire version (Territory), which has a different pattern than the Wally World Authorities.
Both are made by Goodyear for the respective stores, which Goodyear says os based on their popular Duratrac.

Pics of the territory at Crappy Tire (just a common nickname for Canadian Tire) not saying they are really crayy tires, in fact every review on their websites rates them as excellent value for money, even at OUR prices.
http://tires.canadiantire.ca/view/p...dyear_AD6_En&gclid=CMOnr-eo26wCFQlrhwodQ3cROw

The ones in the pic are Territory's. You can see on the second tire, near the middle, it says Territory. I just bought the Authority's in the 31/10.5/15 flavor for my F-150. Haven't gotten stuck at all as of now and we have gotten well over 2ft of snow :)

If it wasn't for the 20% discount, I probably would have went with the Territory's in stock 235/75/15's. Very durable tires, I wasn't able to spin them on dry, or wet pavement, it took about 4"s of snow for me to finally be able to get them spinning and I have the torquey 4.9L (300 straight six) with 3.55 Open diff.

Back