Having SO much trouble finding mods | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Having SO much trouble finding mods

I don't have experience with the K&N CAI but there are members who had installed and then removed it, and weny back to stock.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have installed a tune from Diablosport, a K&N intake and they are working out wonderfully together. I am getting @70 more hp and @3 more mpg than a stock Explorer Sport.

I always swap out exhausts on my vehicles as there have always been power gains. I haven't seen any data that warrants me swapping out the stock Ford Exhaust. Although I want to. I would love to see a 3 inch aftermarket exhaust with hi flo cats that don't blow CEL warnings. If anybody knows of such an exhaust let me know.

Yup that's exactly where I'm at, K&N cold air and the Diablo. Just made my appointment to have stainless 3.5" exhaust run from the down-pipe back (going to eliminate the 2nd tiny cat - esp since the 02 sensors are just above the bottom connecting flanges on the downpipes.) which the ford tech at my local shop projects should add another 40 hp (putting me damn near 500).

Need to find a good boost gauge and controller - and really hoping to find a way to mod the top left center console air vent to fit the gauge in there, similar to the one's for Audi's; http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/12001428/Images/2/Audi_A4_2.jpg

So just a tune and intake is giving you 70 more HP?

I have the mdesign CAI. I WOULD get a tune...but if it voids my factory power train..i most likely won't

What i want to know is...how much more HP will the stock trans take and last a good while

Yup that's exactly where I'm at, K&N cold air and the Diablo. Just made my appointment to have stainless 3.5" exhaust run from the down-pipe back (going to eliminate the 2nd tiny cat - esp since the 02 sensors are just above the bottom connecting flanges on the downpipes.) which the ford tech at my local shop projects should add another 40 hp (putting me damn near 500).

Need to find a good boost gauge and controller - and really hoping to find a way to mod the top left center console air vent to fit the gauge in there, similar to the one's for Audi's; http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/12001428/Images/2/Audi_A4_2.jpg

Those are some HP numbers. Check out this thread regarding the K&n on our Ecoboost engines. The performance downpipes that are available are only putting out 15HP and require a modification to the tune. How are you getting 40HP with a cat delete setup?

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4541.0.html

Ford tech is most likely a bit large in his #s

I think you're spot on there, anyway. I'll report back once everything is in and I'm at the AWD dyno with some real data.

Back