Help with 92 Eddie Bauer sub wiring | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with 92 Eddie Bauer sub wiring

C_Springer79

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Eddie bauer
Hey guys, I've got a 92 Eddie Bauer with the Audiophile sound system and was trying to install a Sony Xplod cdx-gt630ui in place of my old HU. I bought the Scosche FDK8B wiring harness to wire it in, but realized that it didn't allow for the sub.

In the pic below you can see the two heads I used to connect everything. Every wire had a mate including an orange and white wire(not in the original pic, that I added in horribly), and had two extra wires, Org/Blk and Org that have no mates.

fdk8b2.jpg

The stereo works, kinda. The fader goes from front to back and balance doesn't really work(which doesn't really bother me). I was wondering if there were a way to wire the sub into this harness, or should I just go buy a diff harness? Any help is greatly appreciated!

first your i know one of the orange wires doesnt to anything
and second your not goin to wire the subs to your harness itself you will need a amp and your going to run a remote wire from the dark blue wire on the harness to the amp and that will turn the amp on when the radio is on to it can power you subs

first your i know one of the orange wires doesnt to anything
and second your not goin to wire the subs to your harness itself you will need a amp and your going to run a remote wire from the dark blue wire on the harness to the amp and that will turn the amp on when the radio is on to it can power you subs

My Explorer already has the factory amp and sub, I'm not adding a sub, just trying to power the one that's already there.

Got it!

I have figured out my issue and re-wired my speaker wire onto some RCA wire i had lying around. And lo, and behold, my amp and sub came back to life!:D

Back