How long will it last? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How long will it last?

.......... I have yet to see an Explorer without the paint bubbles along the edge of the hood. Mine is 3 years old and has paint pealing off the hood in multiple places. Ford refused to fix it under warranty because I have 63k miles. Paint shouldn't be pealing off of a 3 year old truck!

I plan to keep the truck as long as its running, but it has become the joke among my friends and family that my truck is always in the shop for something.
Mine is a month short of 2 1/2 years and there are no paint bubbles to be seen. Checked carefully under the rubber strip as well. As RinoQuartz mentioned, you bubbling issue is covered for 5 years, unlimited mileage. Check your Warranty Guide brochure.

Peter

As with any car/truck, how you care for it will determine how long it will last.
We currently have 20k miles.
I respectfully disagree, when you've exceeded all manufacturer's maintenance requirements and the roof rack practically falls off, the battery fails, the top end fuel system fails, the windshield trim starts flapping in the breeze, the windows chatter going up/down, the APIM failed, the PTU has a total failure while driving on the highway a couple months ago, the EPAS just failed - I could go on but you get the idea. All this has happened within 32k easy miles in a good climate, I even asked for extra maintenance which the Dealer refused (PTU).

Well, now that I re-read your comment I suppose in a narrow context I am 'caring' for my car because it stills runs, between repairs. As a matter of fact about 2 months ago I was bragging on this forum about how well the car was running after the PTU replacement, that ought to show me not to tempt Fate.
Thinking about that, I noticed that you wrote some very positive things about your Explorer in your post, better watch out! :laugh:

I hope to pick up my ExPlat this afternoon, the Service Advisor said the new EPAS install, programming and alignment should be complete by then.

Back