• Register Today It's free!

Im Now Lifted! but.....

01slvrsprt

Reaction score
City, State
South Burbs of Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
OK, I just lifted my 01 x sport with war-153, lift kit for the sprot trac, i dont remember the part num off hand. I think it 70023, but dont hold me to that. I also did a TT which put the bottom of my front wheel wells at 35", it was right about a 1.5" lift. I then slapped on a set of DC-1 15x8 with BF Goodrich Mud Terrains with 33x12.5x15. OK here comes the but......when turn, left or right, the tire is rubbing against the factory ground effect behind the wheel well, to the point it torn the ground effect off the drivers side turning innagural test drive. Now ive seen plenty of posts here by members with the same truck and same set up and have had no probs. Anyone have any ideas why I do?:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes......my idea is that every truck is different, just trim the plastic 'ground effects' where the tire rubs it and then you'll be fine...it's very common

If you are talking about this piece:
moldingtruck.jpg

Just trim it, i used a cutting wheel and took off most of the inside of that little piece.

thanx for the replies guys. I fig that is what I would have to do.

One more thing that I forgot about is, now my ABS is kicking in when im breaking. Its not doing it all the time, but its def doing it when it doesnt need to be done. What would casue this?

heavier tire will sometimes cause it to act funny..

heavier tire will sometimes cause it to act funny..

So then im guessing its just one of those things that you have to deal with.......

do u got pics of ur sport would love to see how it looks

do u got pics of ur sport would love to see how it looks

Ive got pics of the whole build process but i havnt finished putting the ground effects and the back bumper back on yet. Soon as I finish that ill make a thread for it...ill put one or too in here as well. Give me a few days.

Back