• Register Today It's free!

Leaking!

maikolo

Reaction score
City, State
pittsburg california
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 explorer XLT
I notice my 93 x is leaking antifreeze. any suggestion???? thx!

mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heh, my bad. I meant is there any simple things I should check or do before I take it in. Id like to stay as cheap as possible.@@!! Im a noob!!! thx!

One of the easiest things you can start with is look at the ground where you park. Do you see coolant puddling there? If it is already screwed up try parking on a piece of cardboard or other clean surface that will show a leak if it is present. If you notice the leak on the ground follow it up and try to see where it is comming from. Is there a white collored smoke from the exhaust? If so it is an internal leak. Try and get your hands on a pressure tester. There is also a dye that you can put into your cooling system that shows up under black light to help you find it. Many options before going to the mechanic.

Yes, definately do a look around and see if you can find the source of the leak. It could be something as simple as a loose hose. When you come out to your vehicle and realize that you've lost all your coolant, then start panicing.

Back