Location of keyless entry 2002 XLT? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Location of keyless entry 2002 XLT?

daprez1963

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT 4dr 4WD 4.0 V6 FFV
I bought this truck used and the dealer didn't have the codes and only had one key and one remote. The cost to get the codes from the dealer is very expensive and I would think they could just give it out or at least tell me where I can find it. I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0 4dr 2wd....does anyone know where i might find the factory reset codes for the keyless entry? thx in advance...... :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks

first, this morning, i called the local ford dealership and tried the approach of just asking for the location, thinking they would tell me. was i nutz....after i was transferred tp 3 different ppl, the last one finally said he didnt know...yeah right...service dept person doesn't know their own trucks. they just didnt want to tell me. he did however mention if i brought it in, for $40 they would get the code. thanks for the info, i read that post along with all the others. i was hoping someone with the same year and model would sooner or later reply. it seems yours is and if the location is where i think you are talking about, its where the seatbelt retracts to in that little slot. if that is the case, i might just pay them the $40 just i dont want to mess the weatherstripping or plastic area and break it. i was hoping it was in a location i could easily find like under the dash or in the jack comp. like a few others were. my jack comp is in the center of the back area under the foldup panel and not on the side like mentioned on the others with pics. anyways, thanks for the effort.... :thumbsup:

The weatherstripping was absolutely no big deal. It just presses back in with no glue or nothing. Yes it is by the seatbelt. No way would I spend $$ for such a simple quest for a number.

thx

ok, i took ur advice and went out there.....you're right. it was easy finding mod and after a little effort i was able to get the 5 #'s...thanks...you saved me $40...who do i make the check out to?lol ;)

I knew you could do it. My 15 yr old son found my # and reprogrammed the keycode.
Helping each other out on this site is what we do.

Glad to hear it worked out.

Joining group's elite

From all the information I have found here, I have saved alot of money...enough to at least help this group out so it can further help myself and other explorer owners. Because of this, I feel the cost of the small annual fee is worth it. Thanks for all the help and hopefully others will realize the benefits here and contribute so it will be here for any needed help down the road. This site is the only one I could find that allows owners to give useful info without paying the dealerships the big bucks for simple jobs. Thanks again and look forward to becoming an elite..... :thumbsup:

It's really to your benefit to go elite as you can better describe problems using posted pictures. From time to time like any car, it will have problems.

Back