• Register Today It's free!

My Touch Issues

vlar

Reaction score
City, State
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
First my ipod would not play...it just stopped playing while I was driving. I took my explorer in and they "updated" the my touch. Now, it still will not play, the radio will not turn off even after I turn the car off and open the door, when I turn the car on the radio will not play unless I choose a different station and lastly, my voice command does not work. Is anyone else having this problem?:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First my ipod would not play...it just stopped playing while I was driving. I took my explorer in and they "updated" the my touch. Now, it still will not play, the radio will not turn off even after I turn the car off and open the door, when I turn the car on the radio will not play unless I choose a different station and lastly, my voice command does not work. Is anyone else having this problem?:(

Vlar, sorry to hear about your issues. Your specific issues I have not heard of before, but lots of people are having assorted issues (some very serious) with the my ford touch system.

One trick is to try pulling fuse 29 which is located in a fuse box above and just to the left of the emergency brake. it's covered by a black cover that easily pulls off. The fuse pull tool is located just behind that. Pull fuse 29 and leave it out for a good couple of minutes and then re-insert it.

when your car starts it should tell you that it's performing scheduled system maintenance. Basically its rebooting the ford touch computer system.

If that doesn't fix it let me know and I can try and help you out some more, but a fuse 29 pull is usually the first thing many around here will recommend.

Also, as an FYI there is a dedicated section of this forum for MFT (My Ford Touch) issues (this was posted in the general section). You might wanna look around there as well.

Thanks

Thank you for the information! I'm going to try that. Also, thanks for letting me know about the MFT section.

Thank you for the information! I'm going to try that. Also, thanks for letting me know about the MFT section.

Hi, vlar!

Please try what jrmexplorer suggested and let us know what the outcome is. Also, feel free to private message me your VIN and I will make sure your software was installed properly.

Rebecca

Fuse 29 pull worked!

Thank you jrmexplorere and FordIVTteam. Pulled the fuse and my issues are resolved. I wonder why my dealership did not know to do that? Is this something that will have to be done on a regular basis?

Thank you jrmexplorere and FordIVTteam. Pulled the fuse and my issues are resolved. I wonder why my dealership did not know to do that? Is this something that will have to be done on a regular basis?

That's tough to say. It seems to depend on a lot of various things. I don't pull it often, but others around here pull it more frequently. It kinda depends on what peripherals (e.g. phone, music player, etc...) you use and other unkown factors.

hopefully it was just a brief blip for you.

I should just let jrmexplorer handle this one ;)

He's right though. There are some cases that do need a fuse pull, or other method of reset, in order for the issue to be cleared. It's not something that should be done on a constant basis. Dealerships have their own forms of troubleshooting such issues. This may not have been their first step to fix it.

If you notice this happening again, please contact me via private message and we will go from there. Be sure to include the details of what's going on and your VIN.

I'm glad to see you are up and running again!

Rebecca

Radio Will Not Turn Off

Thank you for the valuable information that is posted here. I had the same issues as the other posts here with the radio not turning off when the key was pulled out, and opening the door. I could not locate the fuse panel inside the cabin, so I simply disconnected battery for a few minutes, then reconnected the battery. Problem solved! I just hope that I did not lose any updates!

Thank you for the valuable information that is posted here. I had the same issues as the other posts here with the radio not turning off when the key was pulled out, and opening the door. I could not locate the fuse panel inside the cabin, so I simply disconnected battery for a few minutes, then reconnected the battery. Problem solved! I just hope that I did not lose any updates!
Welcome to the Forum nvjay. :wavey:
You shouldn't lose any updates but there will be a couple of things that the Explorer will have to relearn. With all the electronic systems onboard, there a some that require power all the time. Your transmission will have to relearn the shift points and the idle and trim points will also have to be relearned. There is a 6 step process shown in the Owner's Guide for the latter or it will relearn them over a period of time.
Did you try a master reset first via the MFT?

Peter

Back