• Register Today It's free!

Entertainment screen glitch

xplanfan

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited 4wd
A weird thing happened to my satellite radio the other day. My son change the channel and the sync screen locked up the entertainment page. The satellite station was displayed but AM band radio was playing. The satellite presets did tune the channels and source selections would not cause the screen to update. I turned it on an off from the radio controls, but that did not reset the screen. I also restarted the car, but it did not reset the screen. While playing with the touch screen buttons I found that the direct tune button still worked. When I entered a channel it tune in the satellite radio channel and then entertainment page started working again. Go figure!

A weird thing happened to my satellite radio the other day. My son change the channel and the sync screen locked up the entertainment page. The satellite station was displayed but AM band radio was playing. The satellite presets did tune the channels and source selections would not cause the screen to update. I turned it on an off from the radio controls, but that did not reset the screen. I also restarted the car, but it did not reset the screen. While playing with the touch screen buttons I found that the direct tune button still worked. When I entered a channel it tune in the satellite radio channel and then entertainment page started working again. Go figure!
Mine did the same thing ..... Sirius said it was a bad tuner or satellite modual, so I made an appointment to bring it in for service on a Monday (Glitch was on a Thursday). Over the weekend I continued to use the truck with the stuck screen and tuner. Sunday morning I started it up and all was normal again. It's been fine for months now ........ Go figure! :scratch:

Just sharing that this also happened to me. The screen froze and none of the buttons would work. I was getting something else serviced two days later so I figured I would wait until then, but that morning the screen reset and was functional again.

there's other threads on here talking about removing the power from the screen to make it reset but I didn't try that.

Back