• Register Today It's free!

Need help Fixing OBD2 Codes?

fury

Reaction score
City, State
austin,tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 ford explorer sport
I just got an Actron superscanner and was wondering if there is a website i can go to to find out what i can do to fix the code i am getting ( P0715 Input/turbine speed sensor A Circuit Malfunction. I have looked around the site and others but cant find anything but what the code means. Nothing really on how to fix it.

any help would be appriciated
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i just bought a 3 code lookup and guess what
for some reason code P0715 is not availible
there goes $5 down the drain

any other suggestions

I have the same code and through research found it's the Turbine Shaft Speed Sensor but my problem is that I don't know where the part is located. Can anyone help with a detailed explanation of where to look and if it's user replaceable.
Thanks.

Welcome to this forum! That turbine speed sensor is located inside of the transmission. Check your transmission's wiring harness for any bad connections. If everything is plugged in all of the way, then the only way to get to it is to pull out the transmission, and open it up. It is a lot of work just to replace a sensor, but that's the way Ford designed them.

Here are some turbine speed sensor specific codes:
P0715 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0716 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
P0717 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal
P0718 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Intermittent
They are from Dead Link Removed. I wrote a thread about the 2 kinds of internal speed sensors. It is listed in my signature under useful threads. Here is the link: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157488

Back