Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Need Help With Transmission

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mrjdjr, July 30, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. mrjdjr

mrjdjr New Member

City, State:
      Marion NY
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      Hi everyone.
      Happy I found this site, I need help and advice, I have a 1997 ford Explorer V6 auto 4X4, The transmission after 229k miles finally gave up, The rest of the truck is in great shape. The engine is solid and I just dont feel like scraping her out,,,I would like to have your input on my options with her,,,are there different years of trans that will fit or should I just have it rebuilt, I live in upstate New York, Wayne county, any and all advice would be helpful,

Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
      Welcome to this forum! Check the sticky thread on the top of the transmission section called the 5R55E valve body rebuild diary for more information. It might be possible to perform a simple repair such as rebuild the valve body or replace a valve body gasket to get it running again.