1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Needing to find a GPS module

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by lencooley, December 27, 2014.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. lencooley

lencooley New Member

City, State:
    Greenfield, IN
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    We just purchased a 2007 Explorer, Eddie Bauer Edition. According to the original window sticker, it came with a 6 CD changer/MP3 player. Somewhere down the line, someone replaced that with an OEM 6 CD changer/Navigation system, but it appears to have been taken from a Mercury (It says MERCURY when it boots up). This is the old-style DVD-driven nav system. When they put it in, for whatever reason, they failed to put in the GPS module that plugs into the back of the box. I'm having the darnedest time finding just the GPS module. Can anyone give me a hint about finding one? Thank you.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. DjDom

DjDom Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Toronto, Ontario
    97 XL(imited)
    Dealer.. Hate to say it.

4. jsaid

jsaid Active Member

City, State:
    urbana
    98 xlt
    GPS module or GPS antenna?

5. lencooley

lencooley New Member

City, State:
    Greenfield, IN
    I suppose it's the same thing. It's the part of the system that fits up under the dash, and has a cable that plugs into the back of the system body.