GPS Antenna Location | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GPS Antenna Location

antivirus6613

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 XLT
I bought a navigation unit to add to my 2007 ford explorer and was wondering where to mount the GPS Antenna.

The guy I purchased it from said that the explorers have a "spot" for the antenna behind the unit on the dash.

I was wondering if anyone has installed one of these themselves and can help me find the mounting location. Pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BUMP. I looked ontop of the speedo cluster and there is a small plastic peice that removes from the top of the dash but i dont know if thats the right spot

Does the antenna fit there? If so, then put it there....

try and move it around is it a magnetic aentenna? as far as i know theres no "ideal" place to put it its what works. i had mine in the windshield and when i drove through Manhattan i would lose the service i ran the wire outside the antenna is now right by the stock radio antenna it never fell off and better service in the city

I talked to several guys that have the OEM nav and they say it goes behind the deck. There is little spot up top where it goes.

does the 07 have the windshield tint that keeps the car cool like in alot of new cars that may interfere with the service if the antenna it put behind the windshield

mine does'nt. dont think it was a option in my area

Back