1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

New CPM/ECC Part Number Jumble

Discussion in 'Computers, Chips & Tuning' started by 1994Splash, July 21, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. 1994Splash

1994Splash New Member

City, State:
    madison,al
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    94 Splash
    I determined that I needed a new Computer for my 94 Ranger. I ordered one thru OReillys.
    The Part number from my truck was F47F 12A650 ANB.
    OReillys had a cross reference to BWD Part number of ECC 279.
    I came home and checked on the BWD web site to see of ECC279 indeed cross referenced to F47F 12A650 ANB. I found the reference and it was correctly identifed and indicated my truck.

Today I received the computer. THe part number on the box was ECC279 but the computer had E9AF 14A624 AA imprinted on it.

My question is, did they just reflash a generic computer with the information that I need for my truck? Or have I got the wrong computer in the right box?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

We Support Our Troops!