New pics of the orange bodydropped Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New pics of the orange bodydropped Sport

Exactly. What happens when they stop with shows, just decide to sell it, trade it to a dealer for $2500? I would drive anything though, if I buy a car, it's gonna be driven. But, not to be racist, it looks like something a Mexican would have, just the designs on the paint look like many I have seen at shows, with low rider bikes and all. If I had it I would drive it, it would be fun sitting there at a light and lowering and raising it. I love air bags! But, at least from a truck a neighbor had, it's loud when the compressor is filling up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by B94Sport
I can appreciate the amount of time, money, and effort invested into the truck, but good lord it is hideous IMO.

Same here

Street truck? It's a trailer queen... That would be like calling my Ex a street truck.

Originally posted by Rick
Street truck? It's a trailer queen... That would be like calling my Ex a street truck.
My point exactly.

I concur with B94Sport and RFR2212. Guess I just prefer trucks lifted over slammed.

OK maybe you guys don't share the same appreciation for it as I do. This thing is not only bagged, but stock floor body dropped. It takes a large amount of frame and suspension work to get an Explorer to lay frame.

SORRY I POSTED IT. :frustrate:

Hartman I appericate you posting the pics. I can see what everyone is saying. However, YOU ALL Must realize it is not YOUR truck! It was the vision of the person/people who own it and wanted it to look like the did. I am sure that it is exactly what they wanted.

I am sure the interior is just as tweeked as the outside. It is a show truck, I agree.

I would drive it to cruzes and to show off but not as a daily driver. Hell I have even thought about getting another X for daily driving and keeping mine cleaner and in better shape.

As for the motor, I would venture to say that it is problely very clean and stock.

they should have done some more body mods before painting it.

overall i think its real nice though

i think he needs a flamed grille

I like it, looks pretty awesome, def could use some work for extra things (grille, rollpan as u guys stated) in my opinion and i'd like to see interior/system pics.

I love that paint job, and the truck looks bad ass, that is just me.

VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY COOL

it would be EVEN kooler if it had a roll pan but i would drive it anyday

PEACE

Originally posted by Hartman
OK maybe you guys don't share the same appreciation for it as I do. This thing is not only bagged, but stock floor body dropped. It takes a large amount of frame and suspension work to get an Explorer to lay frame.

SORRY I POSTED IT. :frustrate:

Um yeah, right... See what I said... I appreciate the work involved to build it... But i don't like the looks much. There are some sport trucks I like... This isn't one of em. Don't worry bout postin the pics... cause people do like the truck... I think most got all pissy when chevyh8r tried to educate us. It's cool, lots of work yes. I just woulda done it a different way Dead Link Removed

I want this smilie here!

I appreciate the work also. Its just not my cup of tea... thats why I built my own truck.

Sorry guyz... diden't mean to piss you off... having a bad day..l.. but id drive it!:eek:

its pretty impossible to post a body dropped explorer here without a bunch of people hating on it.....

and i used to wonder why all of the bagged X's didnt come to this forum when the underground died

i think its pretty sweet, although personally i liked the solid orange better, none the less sweet truck. The idea he had with the rear bumper is cool, but i woulda filled the holes b4 painting. lots of cool details about that truck, and its fun to visit his site and see all the fab pics of the body drop, that takes skill.

Why not shave the T-handle thing on the lift gate if your shaving everything else?? What about form follows functionality, does this not apply to this car??

Why not shave the T-handle thing on the lift gate if your shaving everything else?? What about form follows functionality, does this not apply to this car??

in the tailgate to shave everything off but the T-handle, you dont have to use any solenoids, door poppers, or any of the other pain in the ass electronice stuff to open the hatch, yet still a clean look (IMO). its a lot more work and money to get rid of that T-handle

Form follows functionality fine. Functionality doesnt mean what you think its function is.

The function of this truck, is to look good. its not made to be a speedster, nor an offroader, its too look good, get low, and win some shows. in my opinon they did a hell of a job with it.

Originally posted by nnnick
its pretty impossible to post a body dropped explorer here without a bunch of people hating on it.....

and i used to wonder why all of the bagged X's didnt come to this forum when the underground died
i agree. i think its pretty sad when folks with sport trucks dont wanna post in the SPORT TRUCK SECTION for fear of possible B.S. from certain non-sport truck guys.

just FYI for all of you... whenever you see one of us post a pic of a bagged truck, it will be aired down all the way. the ride height is adjustable quite a bit. the orange sport in question can be raised up to the same height my X is at, and driven just fine. even with band-aid tires, that thing proly rides just as good as an X lowered 2" with the normal torsion untwist. this is why when its on the ground the camber is so negative. the camber is set for a certain DRIVABLE ride height.

IMHO- everyone's opinion is welcome here. lifted, lowered, or bone stock. if you dont like something about a certain truck, post the specific thing- i.e.- " i dont like that color, it would look better with a roll pan", etc. when you make general "that truck is too low", or "im not into lowered trucks anyway" comments in the SPORT TRUCK section, this is what it looks like to us...

james t and 8 other streeters posting in a body lift + all terrain thread
"that truck is too tall"
"im not into 4x4's anyway"
"im not crazy about body lifts"
"there is no way you could drive that thing on the street with tires that tall"
"i still dont understand why anyone would want to lift an explorer"
"its ok, but its lifted. lower that thing and put some 20's on it"
"that cant be a daily driver with Swampers"

seems abit out of place, doesnt it? you would never see a streeter make a post like that in an "offroad" thread. so why do we still have comments like that here?

FYI- im not pissed, and im not whining. streeter/offroad relations have improved 200% here since i joined. we still have long way to go. sorry about the long cheesy post. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by james t

"its ok, but its lifted. lower that thing and put some 20's on it"

lmao, and i feel ya on that one jamest

Back