OBX headers are back on ebay | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OBX headers are back on ebay

All I know is I had a cracked drivers side header, emailed him on Friday, and had another header on its way to me on Monday.
They are in stock and ready to ship. The fiasco with Al's headers left a pretty bad taste in everyone's mouth, but they are not supplying the product anymore.

Honestly I don't even know what the costs to manufacture would be, but I know that ceramic coating can't be cheap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's great to hear, that you got fast attention. Yes the coating is high for sure, it started out high and never dropped. So that should be a good $250 or more each, at their cost.

The general problem I have seen is poor communication from torquemonster and long wait times. I'm all for buying American made and a superior product but I don't want to deal with the headache. That being said I have never honestly attempted getting a hold of torquemonster... I'm only basing this on posts I've read on the subject.

That was when Al's headers was piloting the group buy. I think Al's headers was busy with higher profit stuff, and it left everyone in on the order extremely unhappy.

If you were to order torque monster headers today, they would ship next week. Communication has been top notch when ever I have emailed also. This may change as time goes on, as things are always changing. I will say my experiences with Robert (The original maker of the headers) has been top notch.

They had a coupon for one day Spring20 If I remember right. Blk2kxlt have you tried them? I mean what other options do we have? Even if it takes a little modification I'm ok with that. Mine are going on my 99 sas project.
Spent about 20+ hours with initial install + removal and modifying to fit + dealing with ongoing issues. Then just took them off and got the TM set.

Back